Is music a digital art?

• XP3RIMENT
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: HE HADA 3HAT'

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didnt find any other apropriate spot for this post...
I would greatly appretiate if someone gave me some tipes on MIDI and PMD creations. Which software to use etc.
I also have a DSC-V1 and a Photoshop CS with image ready. not too good at it yet , but practice makes perfect. =)

PS: if anyone needs any help to find editing software for musc content i have a little knowledge and some software collection myself.~Love the music , Live the music.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would consider music created on the computer a digital form of art. I am interested in creating techno on the computer as well and would be happy to listen to your stuff. The mods may move your post to a more appropriate forum, but I'm guessing that they won't.

Bring on the music!!!!!
  • XP3RIMENT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup , i'm not that good at creating it , but getting there. I assume u know all these webs for ppl like us.. http://www.soundclick.com , http://www.internetdj.com and others... if not , check em out =]. By the way what softies do u use. I have FL 4 and looking for a quality mp3 to MIDI/PMD convertr..any suggestions?
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I remember Digital Music when it was just a baby :)
Hours and days spent on my Amiga with Protracker, Impulse Tracker etc. Back in the days when samplers were called "digitizers", lol

To answer your question: Yes, digital music is an artform.

I still dabble occasionally, but not much. I use Soundforge 6, Acid and Modplug tracker, and a number of freeware sound programs.

As for an mp3 to midi converter, I doubt seriously you will find one now or any time soon that's any good.
  • XP3RIMENT
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ScienceOfSpock, I have Sound Forge 6 and 7, great stuff =). And i heard about "band in a box" for midi conversion/creation , i should check it out soon, i'll post results if ur interested.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've haven't heard of "Band in a Box", but I really have no need of a mp3 to midi converter.
Like I said, I mostly dabble. Usually I'll put down a few riffs, save them for later then never get back to them.

I'm ambidexterous, and it's more a curse than anything else. It means that I can use both hands equally well, but it also means that I don't really have a dominant side of the brain. Both my analytical/technical side and creative/emotional side demand equal time :) Since my job is mostly technical in nature, I have to pacify the creative side of my brain every once in a while, and I do that with musical experimentation, though not usually for long.

For some strange reason, the "visual creativity" part of my brain and the "technical" part of my brain have learned to peacefully coexist. The "musical creativity" part of my brain seems to be the ugly stepchild though, is often neglected, and will occasionally demand attention :)

It also has the unfortunate side effect that, although I can be proficient in both creativity and technical knowledge, I can never really master either.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts