Need Advice On Creating 3d Interactive Content

• StarvingArtist
  • Born
  • Born
  • StarvingArtist

Post 3+ Months Ago

What up everyone!

Alright, here's the skinny; I'm as newb as one gets to the world of 3D flash animation.

My website, http://www.willdrawforfood.com , is basically an interactive sketchbook/art gallery comprised of clickable gifs and jpgs, which either turn the pages of the book (i.e. just link to other pages) or show you a large view of each thumbnail. What I want to do is make the sketchbook a 3D object, complete with actual turning pages and clickable links on the pages.

I'm currently learning Maya 6.0 and I recently got my hands on Swift 3D, but I really don't know which program would be best suited for the job. If anyone out there has any advice on how to go about accomplishing this goal, by all means give me a shout out.

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I moved this post to the digital arts forum because I think you'll get more experience people looking at it here.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maya, that's your best bet for creating what you have described. I doubt you could even do what you are asking with Swift3D, but, if it's possible I am sure it will be a more difficult process than with Maya. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to learn Maya well enough to help you any further. Go here for Maya tutorials: Pixel 2 Life
  • LiVe ViSiOn ~
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

originno__II ... thanx for this link
  • LiVe ViSiOn ~
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

u can do it in flash ...... i can help u in it .... and if u want fully functioned fla .......... i can give it to u

waitin for ur reply in pm
  • LiVe ViSiOn ~
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

iight now i hvent any url ... dats y i cant upload ... give me yer id i can mail it to u ..... reply in pm
  • joolszee2005
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • joolszee2005
  • Loc: UK by the sea side

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maya has a .swf render standalone and vector render. Its not bad, as long as the drawing style is abstract and hard edge, don't expect it to be beautifully rendered with nice shading or anything like that. With a bit of work its worth going down the Maya path.

The only problem with Maya is that its bloody expensive, where as swift is cheap. You can get cut down versions of Maya for about $1600 but they might not have the flash/vector render option.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts