I NEED ADVISE FOR NIKON VERY BAD

• ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Finally, yesterday i have founded a store to buy my new camera and decide to be Nikon and it is very close to my hometown. They have offered me the following accordingly to my needs:
D-50 850 EUR
8700 820 EUR
complete with the lens.

This is a maximum that i can afford and need your advise really really bad so tell me what to buy. I'm not a experiance to much but i'm ready to learn. I have seen the samples of 8700 model at Steve's digicam and they are beautiful but i did not find that good sample pictures with D-50. Am I wrong and what is better to buy.

thanks for advise. I hope to buy one of those at the end of the week.
  • ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

uh, big mistake from the salesman. the real price of model 8700 Nikon is 700 eur + 50 eur 512 MB CF card = 750 eur total.

take that into consideration when reply.

thanks
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I'd go with the D50 over the Coolpix, but that's mostly because I've used Nikon DSLRs for 2 years, and love them :)

If you can afford the extra, I would go for a D70 over a D50 though (or try to find a D100 - which I feel is superior to the D70, although similarly priced these days - due to the vertical grip option, mechanical shutter release cable socket, and other features the MB-D100 provides that the D70 is incapable of).
  • ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

unfortunate I must choose NIkon 8700 model as the fact of the price differance of 150 eur.

Now, is there something that should know before start using of the camera. What about battery formating on first-use.

Any advise is good for me....
thanks
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It'll all be in the manual :)
  • ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

YES i have bought Nikon 8700 model with 512 MB cf card yesterday.
first impression is when you take the camera you fill it in your hand it is no like the one that i had.
the software for PC was really easy to install and connection to PC without any problem.
It was unexpected how the cf card should be inserted and for the begginner will be easy to mistake and when closing the card door you could pull out the card. Also i would like that the door of the cf card should be secure with some pin, not like it is.
I have read that the battery should be charging for 12 hours but i charged for only 2 and half hour and it was full...maybe i did not understand good.

that's all for now i have to read more and tast the camera
  • povidiu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Oradea

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take a look to what is wrote on the battery if it's wrote Nichel you shout leave it to charge for 12 hours then let to empty completly. You have to do this circle 3 times in this way thew battery will be formatated. The nichel battery has a strange "memory effect" If you not format well then you will have problems. If is Li-Ion batteries, than no problems, this bateries has no "memory effect"

ovi
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The 8700 probably has a Lithium Ion battery (LiIon) if their other proprietary batteries are anything to go by). Usually, on their first charge, you SHOULD charge them for 24hrs straight. It may look full after only a couple of hours, but with LiIon's the first time you charge them you should do it for a full 24hrs.

After that, you only need regular recharging time (an hour or two). And there is no need to fully discharge them, because, as povidiu says, they have no "memory effect". In fact, I remember reading somewhere that if you regularly fully discharge LiIon batteries, it can actually damage them.

I've got 5 batteries for my D100 and 2 Chargers. Whenever I go out on a shoot, the two batteries that were in the camera (I use an MB-D100 grip with it) go into the chargers, and the fresh batteries go in, so they're never allowed to completely empty out.

I also routinely charge any of the batteries that haven't been used in the past month to keep them topped up (even if not used, batteries will lose their charge over time).
  • povidiu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Oradea

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, this is true, I also have 4 batteries, when 2 is in the charger, 2 is in the cammera.

Ovi

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts