Need help cleaning up a logo

• natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas
  • Loc: AFK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need a logo cleaned up. It's a city logo for the town I grew up in. It seems the only place that the city has any copies of its logo is on their letterheads. They don't even have the original. UGH!!! I had to take a picture with my cell to try to get something I can work with, but I'm awful at photo manipulation. I'm trying to get the image only to show the actual logo as a .png with a transparent background. I only want the logo itself to show.

Can anybody help me?
Attachments:
cairologo.jpg
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would scan it instead of using your cell phone. That would give you a better start. I saved it & opened it in Photoshop Elements. There is a terrible shadow for starters & other problems, as well.
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK. I don't have access to a scanner at the moment. I will try to see if I can get to one tomorrow. I'm on a towboat right now but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for trying and for the suggestion.
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas

Post 3+ Months Ago

scanned!
Attachments:
jeff.pdf

(27.66 KiB) Downloaded 342 times

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The quality of the scan is still fairly poor. Is it possible that you could do a higher quality scan and make sure your paper is perfectly straight? Something like this could be duplicated, but a good source would improve the results dramatically.

It looks like when you scanned this, it was scanned in a black and white mode. Is it possible you can have the scanner scan it in a grayscale or color mode in a much higher resolution?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some cities have historical societies. You maybe able to find a better quality logo there or maybe there are some old timers who might have something in a cellar or an attic.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

your going to need a proper digi camera, you can not half arse do this with a phone camera. logos need to have as many pixels as possible to edit it.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just curious if you ever found a better copy? My mother was born and raised there and may have something with this on it. I'll ask her for you.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts