Needing some graphic help

• trnsprntprince
  • trnsprntprince

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am looking for someone who likes to design and has a few minutes to do a very very easy logo for me. I am looking for someone to do a logo similar to the FastQCommunications website http://www.fastq.com I want to use the same colors as they are using but the text needs to be "Jonbon Technologies".

If you are bored or just want to help a brother out let me know. I have tried and for some reason I just can't get it to look like I want it. I am not a graphic designer ... I am a web designer.

Thanks,
JoNathan
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would you be willing to pay someone for this?
  • trnsprntprince
  • trnsprntprince

Post 3+ Months Ago

It really depends on the price ... I mean I can keep working at it and make it good but I know there are some experts here that could create the logo in a matter of mins and so if they had a few mins on thier watch ... they would just be willing to throw some bones this way.
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Santa Barbara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i know (90%) that you atleast have to trade something for work.. no1 really does stuff for free.infact i think it is prohibited to post a no comensation job offer.. peace
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well its not really a job offer. He just wants help, but he did word it more of asking for a product rather than advice.

Quote:
no1 really does stuff for free

I do it all the time here. I just hope that the person asking the question gave it some thought and try to do it them selfs first :) So I guess everything does have a price. Its just the price is your own self working.

If you show me what you have done maybe I can help you out. I wont make this logo for you since it looks more like your trying to copy them.
  • trnsprntprince
  • trnsprntprince

Post 3+ Months Ago

No I am not copying them I just like the color combination. That's quite an judgement to pass onto someone you don't know.

Nevermind ... I have been on other boards and asked for help and people were more than willing to help out but this board is a horse of a different color.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
That's quite an judgement to pass onto someone you don't know.

Quote:
I am looking for someone to do a logo similar to the FastQCommunications website http://www.fastq.com I want to use the same colors as they are using but the text needs to be "Jonbon Technologies".

All you said is you want the same colors. You never said anything about what else you wanted it to look like. So if I were to make it for you I would have nothing else to go on but what there logo looks like. So indeed it is copying.

I hope you get off your butt and start to do things for your self. Not everyone is going to be there to do things for you. This forum is a GREAT resource for those who want to put there foot out and try something for them selfs but if you want someone to do all the work for you then you will need to go down to the bottom of the forum and post a Job request.

I would advice you not to go about asking for help and when someone offers it to you, you dont through it back in there face.

Quote:
I do it all the time here. I just hope that the person asking the question gave it some thought and try to do it them selfs first :) So I guess everything does have a price. Its just the price is your own self working.

If you show me what you have done maybe I can help you out. I wont make this logo for you since it looks more like your trying to copy them.

I said I would help you with this logo IF you showed me what you have done. That way, as I said before, I have something to work around.

Quote:
I have tried and for some reason I just can't get it to look like I want it.

I implied that meant you try to make it your self. It would have been as easy as posting that graphic. Try to put alittle more effort out next time and maybe you will get some feedback or maybe someone will be nice enough to take time out of there day to do something for you.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

trnsprntprince, i am sorry that you feel that way about here. I would like to assure you that people here are more than willing to help.

In order for me to make a decision as to whether this is a "job opportunity" (and therefore belongs in that forum, it was ideal that i found out whether you were willing to pay.

By no means do i want you thinking that we are completely unwilling to help, quite the opposite actually. Spoof has offered to help you and will do so if you can give him a bit more information on what you would like.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

trnsprntprince wrote:
No I am not copying them I just like the color combination. That's quite an judgement to pass onto someone you don't know.

Nevermind ... I have been on other boards and asked for help and people were more than willing to help out but this board is a horse of a different color.

O, oooooo, the color of my horse is green. Can I get an AMEN. Give those other boards time, they'll soon get tired of working for free. Quality must be an issue if despite the willingness of others you still found the need to come here for help. Well, you get what you pay for...Oh wait....
  • SuprSonic5
  • Student
  • Student
  • SuprSonic5
  • Loc: Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can help you out if its not too late. That design is pretty simple and I've been doing photoshop for years. Let me know if your still interested. You guys don't really need to make a big deal out of all of this. Should only take 10 minutes max to make. However with a job more complex then this I would expect some compensation.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts