new art work

• mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know i have not posted in a while but I thought that I would share with you guys a pic that I have been working on for a while now

I hope you guys like it

mtg
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good to see you back.

Part of that is kinda disturbing but in an interesting way. The native American needs a bit of work done to it, it is kinda clear that the guy should not be in this image due to the light on them both.

Keep working on it! :)
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

what I wanted to do is to create an image that he is dancing and the spirts of the fire are coming out and those two are the bison and the bald eagle. each element is shot during the day time except the fire. I have the indian darkend abit and the other images are blurred to blend them abit into the smoke.

SB

What parts do you not like please be critical about it i would like to use this for sale when it is final. if you would like to pm me with your response please do so.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

For sale? Yu have a lot of work to do... for starters, you might want to get rid of the filter fire you put over the real fire. Why did you do that? The smoke looks more like a bunch of streams of cigarette smoke. The smoke should be bigger, more transparent, softer, and have no definit streams in it. The bison and eagle should also be more transparent as to give the illusion of being in spirit form. The tree and backgound should not be in focus and the indian should be. The indian also needs better highlights since he is close to the fire, especially on the face. You could also sharpen up the edges of the indian. Try making those changes and lets go from there.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

To tell you the truth, I had to squint to see the Indian. At first I thought it was some pack with an Indian horse on top of it, but since people here mentioned an Indian, I saw the Indian in it, but that could be my bad eyesight :).

I agree with OriginNO_II.
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah im working on it so it is taking some time i will try to post another version soon
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

the tree on the background seems to be streched.
The bird is obviously drawed.
The lightning isn't realistic.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't buy this one.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not lightning ... It's smoke ...

mtg131g ... a good trick I learned to make the images not look so "cut out" (lack of a better word) is to duplicate the layer and blur the bottom one of the two a bit with a gaussian blur
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

mtg131g wrote:
yeah im working on it so it is taking some time i will try to post another version soon

Obviously the person who drew the picture above is working on it and the picture would look different. And yes, the lightning isn't lightning like righteous_trespasser mentioned.
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
mtg131g wrote:

Obviously the person who drew the picture above is working on it and the picture would look different. And yes, the lightning isn't lightning like righteous_trespasser mentioned.

sorry, my English is not quite perfect. :oops: I'm from Holland and still a scholar.
I meant the light that falls on the indian. :lol:
  • veto
  • veto
  • Loc: antwerp

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you want to sell stuff, you need to take care of several basic things:
-resolutions of your materials
-correct scaling
-don't use stuff from the internet (copy rights ... if ever heard of it... :p)

i wont comment the picture itself cauls thats your artistic point of view.
if you want to sell stuff look for some balance in your picture... make it look realistic, even if its fantasy... learn some techniques, etc... maybe get to know your program a little bit better...

greetz VETO

>>> http://www.vetoart.tk <<<
  • XHA
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • XHA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry, but I definitely would not buy that. I'm afraid that it looks too amateurish.

For starters the background is out of proportion, and I generally do not like the composition.

If you make some of the changes the guys suggested above, I think you should try making the whole picture look like an illustration. I think that would definitely improve it.

Have a look on http://www.good-tutorials.com on a tutorial on how to make a photo look like a painting, and apply this to your image.
  • farukcm
  • Born
  • Born
  • farukcm

Post 3+ Months Ago

good. pursuit!......
  • fitzpatrickbrett
  • fitzpatrickbrett
  • Loc: Vienna

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it possible to throw some light back on the front of the native american, it'll make his back seem darker without you having to make it so dark that it vanishes. The bison is great. The eagle could have an area remain light (chest perhaps?) but an orange light to simulate the reflection of the fire light and the rest could be darkened.

Great post got some creative juices flowing.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts