new gfx

• PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey I made these for a competition. Tell me what you think. What is wrong, what is right.

http://zacknetwork.net/xeniumx/teamcomp ... Header.gif
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first is pretty cool, but the second one the text blends in with the blood splatter.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think number 2 and 5 are your two best, and I lean towards number 5, although I like number 2 for the colors.

My personal preference would be to see you tidy up number 1. I like that concept a lot. When one thinks Lord of the Rings, one thinks of Frodo or Gandolf or Aragorn...but nobody ever realizes that Gollum was the actual hero who, by fate or chance, destroyed the ring. I found it very interesting that you would pick his character for the graphic, and I was amazed how closely the Gollum character in the movies resembles the way I imagined him to look over the years that I have read the books. The thing that bothers me about that one is the text and border. If you could make that as sharp as you did number 2 & 4, I think that would be my pick.

I'm not sure about that one in your external link. That one is too "dark" for my preference. I guess it depends on the nature of the competition as to how well that would do.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the first one. My bro is LOTR mad. :D
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I think number 2 and 5 are your two best, and I lean towards number 5, although I like number 2 for the colors.

My personal preference would be to see you tidy up number 1. I like that concept a lot. When one thinks Lord of the Rings, one thinks of Frodo or Gandolf or Aragorn...but nobody ever realizes that Gollum was the actual hero who, by fate or chance, destroyed the ring. I found it very interesting that you would pick his character for the graphic, and I was amazed how closely the Gollum character in the movies resembles the way I imagined him to look over the years that I have read the books. The thing that bothers me about that one is the text and border. If you could make that as sharp as you did number 2 & 4, I think that would be my pick.

I'm not sure about that one in your external link. That one is too "dark" for my preference. I guess it depends on the nature of the competition as to how well that would do.

What do you mean 5? There are only 3 gfx and a external link. Maybe you mean my signature?

anyway, thank you for replying! Anymore people?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts