Odd Photoshop 7.0 problem

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know how i can sort a couple of problems i have on a newly reinstalled Photoshop 7.0

The first thing that is bothering me majorly is when i got and click to pick a specific colour through the Hexadecimal color codes i use on for websites (e.g #00000) it always seems to come under some sort of shade of gray.

The other problem i seem to be having is when i create a text layer it dosnt appear to show as a layer. So i would add an image or something for a new layer and then text and if i make a mistake or decide that something could look different i cannot edit the layer.

I dont know if any of this makes much sense, i will clear anything up if you dont understand.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure about the text thing, but I always just add a new layer for text anyway just to be safe. As far as the color problem go to the toolbar and click Image | Mode and make sure you're in RGB mode and not Grayscale

//I think you can also select that when creating a new document if I'm not mistaken
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you ATNO, i figured it had something to do with Grayscale, i just couldnt find the option that could change the colour type. Photoshop seems to be an odd program when it comes to the options for it compared to most other Windows programs.

Thanks for that.

Any idea on what could be wrong with the layers? It should automatically create a new layer when new graphics or text is added.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Odd, it dosnt matter anymore. It seems to be ok now.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a theory, i'll let the pro's confirm or deny, but I'm thinking while you were in grayscale mode, you were one dimensional, hence, no layers. I could be sorely mistaken, but at least it's logical. Seems like when you switched to RGB everything went back to the norm.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, i see what you mean. It does seem like it was something to do with the grayscale.

I noticed that grayscale is set at default, any idea on changing the default to RGB?
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Indexed color mode can effect your layers and lock them.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts