3D Photography...

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

As there's already a thread for SIRDS (Single Image Random Dot Stereograms)....

I'll make a new thread here for the 3D photography... Now, without actual eyepieces, the theory on how to see them in 3D is very similar to the SIRDS.

Basically, you set your eye to the correct focal length (the distance between you and the screen, or piece of paper), but point your eyes so that they're looking at a nearer distance. This way, the two views of the images overlap each other, and you see the 3D image flanked by two semi-transparent versions of the image...

These can be a little harder to see without some form of viewer, but once you see 'em, it's cool :)

Simply adjust your focus & eye position until the two black squares at the bottom line up on top of each other to form a single square in the middle...

There's a bunch of great info on how to do this here, how to make your own viewers, etc..

And there's products for your camera, with more tips & DIY projects at this site

Edit : Removed the images on an external site after playing around in Photoshop to make a rough example.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man....I'm pretty close on that (without any external help)...but in the end I was getting a headache and had to stop
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

yikes! I had to resize it to actually see it, my eyes don't cross that far. And I ain't going to push them to the limit either....lol
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, well, it's small on my screen (I'm 1600x1200) so lower resolutions might need to scale down to see it withou the eye-piece viewer doohicky :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts