Photoplus VS Photofiltre

• latintrans
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • latintrans

Post 3+ Months Ago

Photoplus VS Photofiltre who knows good enough the features of the two pieces of free software, to advice me which one is the best in their class...

I would like to try to make a nice work in black and white maybe with a picture, or to join two or more pictures in one...

Thanks in advance for any help..
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the gimp for free photo manipullation
  • aboyd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Last I checked, Photofiltre had really tightened up their license. I believe that now, it's severely limited to personal projects -- I'm not even sure you can use your images on your own Web site, if you have ANY money-making thing on the site at all. So if you use Cafe Press, Photofiltre is out. If you have a Paypal donate button, Photofiltre is out. If you have Google Ads, Photofiltre is out.

I could be reading the license wrong. However, during my last read of the license, I concluded that the "free" version of the product was so restricted that is was no longer useful.

I don't know about Photoplus. I'm not sure what that is.

I agree with typhon, the GIMP is a much better option. Although the interface isn't as intuitive as Photofiltre, it's powerful, and the license doesn't restrict what you do. So, commercial work, personal work, and that hazy in-between stuff is all 100% OK to do with the GIMP.

-Tony
  • latintrans
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • latintrans

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all your replies, i really like Photofiltre i must confess i am not able at all with this kind of programs, the Gimp is still on my computer and it has been there for long time, but by the time i learn to master the gimp for sure i have already done with photofiltre what i need to do. one of the nice this i have found is the spray tool, what a nice effects you can get with it.....and as far as know for free

Registration

PhotoFiltre is free for private use, noncommercial or educational (including non-profit organizations).
Any commercial or professional use requires registration (see the methods on the site or contact
me by e-mail).
  • mxvirial
  • mxvirial

Post 3+ Months Ago

you actually abide by liscenses?!
  • aboyd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

mxvirial wrote:
you actually abide by liscenses?!

There are a million free products that don't have restrictive licenses. I just use those. Hence all the talk about the GIMP.

-Tony
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

GIMP is nice, but when I first started editing photos, I just shelled out like, $50, and got Photoshop elements. all of the tech support and most of the easier to use features of photoshop, without killing my wallet. Kinda a cool idea, but I dont even know if you can still buy it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts