Photoshop Actions

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did an Ozzu search for this topic with no results. I have been assigned the task of creating a new company logo, and I'm not an expert with graphics by any means and perhaps only slightly better than beginner with Photoshop. However, a couple of days ago I discovered PS actions and have been getting some good results using them. I've already found Adobe's Studio Exchange Actions and have been working my way through some of them. I was wondering if anyone has some other good resources that they use for freeware actions. (Also, I'm using P.S. 6 - my expectation is that PS 7 actions may not work w/ it? Would that be correct?)

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use actions all the time in PS7 as I work with a lot of images than often need the same thing applied to them all. I'm not familiar with Adobe's Studio Exchange unfortunetly.

But in PS7 you can actually record your own actions that you need so then you can apply exactly the same action to multiple images to get the same result. You just hit the record button, perform whatever actions you need to the image, then hit the stop button and its saved. You can then go to File > Automate > Batch and apply it to a whole folder of images.

As for the logo creation. I havent found anything better than Illustrator (vector art) to create all my client's logo's. You can turn an Illustrator file into any other kind of image you need - jpg, gif etc as well much easier to resize and use on printed material. For the majority of logo's you don't want any more than 3 colours or its gets pricey for printing costs.

:)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks musik - I'll have to study up on recording my own actions. That's a later step after I understand more about how to do things. The actions I've been using so far have been freeware I've found. I have Illustrator, but haven't used it more than once. It doesn't seem unlike PS, so I'll do some looking into that. I'm not to concerned about the colors, because primarily it will be web, and I doubt money will be an issue when it comes to print. Good tip to remember, though. I knew that from the past, but hadn't thought of it.

Thanks
  • DymeMedia1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Goodluck with that ATNO , on the same subject of logo design and editing i need some help from you guys if possible i design and create alot of logos and such for clients but one particular effect im trying to achieve im having trouble finding the right program to achieve its a real simple effect at that but i would just like some guidance on choosing the right program and such :
for example if you visit this link : http://www.earthlinghosting.com/default.php and look where it says control panel the picture of the control panel tilted sideways close to 90 degrees with the shadow behind it , how can i create that effect and also add a reflection below the image of itself , would really help to get some help with this please :) thanks in advanced !
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you're pretty skilled in pshop, this is pretty easy actually --

all the diid with that is free transform the screenshot image of the control
panel to make it that shape, then made a shape to represent the
shadow and fill it with 2px of feather. nothing special about it, just have
to play with the angles to get it to look right.

as far as a reflection, simply copy the screenshot image, rotate, and fade
down with transparency.
  • DymeMedia1
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks alot unflux ill play around with that a bit hopefully ill get it how i want it a better example also would be on http://www.liquid2d.com the header thats used there with the reflections and so on but ill try out what you just told me .. thanks again :?
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

same thing -- copy image, rotate, and transparency ;)
  • DymeMedia1
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Worked out great , thanks alot for the help :wink:
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

good to hear, glad it worked for you :D