Photoshop Advice?

• edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Once you complete a website in Photoshop cs2/imageReady, what would be the best way to get the entire design into notepad, so it can be edited using HTML/CSS?. what do you do?.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have a look at the export for web option. This will export your slices (once you've defined them) as HTML (probably tables, not CSS).

However, there's no guarantee that this layout will good/stable, so I export my slices manually and place them in my own layouts.
  • draganta
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, my friend uses dreamweaver to edit html/css elements of the page. do you really wanna edit that on notepad?
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your just wanting to get a copy of the code, use the export to HTML option in Image Ready. It will give you a preview of the animation in a web browser, along with the blcok of coding for that specific animation. Simply copy and paste the code anywhere you want. The export option is represented by the internet explorer icon in your main tool bar.

Also, I would recommend Crimson Editor for direct coding editing. You will use all the same language, but Crimson has multi-colored lines, better saving options, and is free. Just streamlines the process. Good luck.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

In ImageReady all you have to do is goto File>Save optimized as...

Now name your file and click save. By defult the format option is already set to save an HTML file and puts all the sliced images into a folder called images.

All you have to do after that is open up the html file in your notepad.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts