Photoshop and Fireworks, what other programs?

• DuffMan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portland, OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

To edit pictures, I've only used adobe photoshop.

I have Fireworks MX on my machine, but I never use it. How powerful is it, and does it even compare with photoshop?

What else do you guys use to tweak pictures?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, in most aspects they are very much the same except for the facts that they are made by different companies and they both have some things that the other doesn't. Most people will tell you that Photoshop is better but pretty much everyone will say they are both worth learning.. They are the two leading software.. If you ever get into Multimedia or just graphic designing you must learn both..
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heart wrote:
Well, in most aspects they are very much the same except for the facts that they are made by different companies and they both have some things that the other doesn't. Most people will tell you that Photoshop is better but pretty much everyone will say they are both worth learning.. They are the two leading software.. If you ever get into Multimedia or just graphic designing you must learn both..

I agree to some extent. It is like color pencils; You can use Crayola or Prismacolor. Prismacolor lays down a nice clean coat of color, and crayola is ...ook nvm back to the point. They both are leading color pencils, while one you may prefer more over the other. I don't believe it is a must to know how to use both, but rather a good idea to have knowledge of the basics of both. There is no point mastering the use of crayolas, if all you are ever going to use is prismacolor. It is the medium you choose, just like you get to choose between fireworks and photoshop. While yes, you shouldn't ignore fireworks completely, if you are solely working in photoshop, there is no need to go indepth with it either.

As for other programs, I really don't think their are any... The only one I could think of is the linux based one, whose name is escaping me right now...
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

some would argue that FW is just as powerful and useful as PS, but
those people tend to know FW very well. I imagine it all comes down to
preference as to which you prefer, but if FW is what you have, it will
serve you well. Especially if you have no experience with PS.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, it really is a tough call.. I never really think I met a person who was an expert in both Fireworks and Photoshop to get there opinion on which is better. Simply put it as "opinion". Not everyone is going to say Photoshop and not everyone is going to say Fireworks..

As for my "opinion" as goes for other programs I would stick with FW and PS. If you can't do it on FW or PS than you probably need something completely different..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts