Photoshop and website help

• XPert
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I have designed a website for a company using photoshop. Everything i have done on the site has been created in photoshop. After i had completed the site i opened it in imageready and sliced it. Each page is about 250kb in total but it takes ages to load up. I can literally see the images load up one by one where i have sliced them.

My internet connection is 1Mbps at home. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your problem is likely 2 problems. Image compression would be the first, most obvious thing. If you allowed ImageReady to generate everything, then the number of images and code bloat is a problem, as well.

Can you post a link?
  • XPert
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Thanks for replying, but I did reduce the size of the images in imageready up to the point just before they went a blur.

i can upload the site again tonight, in about 7 hours time when i am at home.

Is is because i have sliced the site up into about 24 images?
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Posible Solution:

I do not like just slicing the images up in Imageready, then exporting as a webpage. You end up with a lot of blank space in your code as well as bloated code. Not to mention it's not XHTML compliant.

I would suggest using an HTML editor; (suggestion: Dreamweaver from Macromedia) If you use Dreamweaver, you can click a button and it will make the entire code XHTML compliant for you. I usually cut my images, open my HTML editor, and write in my own code. Including the images where they belong. This takes a little longer sure, but I have noticed it decreases the page loading time by a significant amount.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts