Photoshop Being stupid

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have being trying to make a trapezoid in Photoshop for nearly 10 freaking minutes. Why? Because Phhotoshop has to try and be a psychic and finish for me when I'm not even done clicking using the Polygonal Lasso Tool. I click once to get it started, go a length and click it and then my Photoshop flashes and than a message pops up "No pixels Selected". This is so freaking annoying... ONCE it let me click three times and than Photoshop created a freaking triangle... god I hate this thing...

Any help? Maybe there is an option to disable Photoshop's Psychic Powers?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Might bet is that your double clicking or clicking next to the same place very fast. If your not then try restarting your computer.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not double clicking or clicking next to it really fast... and it happens a lot... just about all the time I'm trying to use that took on Photoshop... Ah well... finally got it to draw me a trapezoid after 20 minutes :x :x :x
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why not use the pen tool to make the shape? Thats much easier and you can modify the points later if you don't like it...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

graphixboy wrote:
Why not use the pen tool to make the shape? Thats much easier and you can modify the points later if you don't like it...

because I'm a very amateur at Photoshop and barely know anything of it :lol: I'm still learning.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd suggest the pen tool aswell ... it's really amazing for tracing shapes and creating shapes and afterwards you can go and change the path to a selection if you want to fill it etc ... Melissa Clifton has a pretty good tutorial on using the pen tool ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks righteous... that would help in a little while (Tomorrow when I wake up).
  • Divinyl
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Sydney, Ozland.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can vouch for that Melissa Clifton Pen Tool tut if you have not done it already, I learned how to use the pen tool with it, and it is now my fave tool lol.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you provide the link ...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_tresspasser wrote:
Melissa Clifton has a pretty good tutorial on using the pen tool ...

Bogey wrote:
Thanks righteous... that would help in a little while (Tomorrow when I wake up).
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, that was a while back and I didn't re-read this thread from the start. Sorry for the nuisance :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts