Photoshop CS3 VS Corel PSP 12

• Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, for starters since the second I began designing I have used Jasc PSP, then Corel PSP, I am up to using number 12 now but apparently having skills in PSP doesn't mean I am professional enough to gain a job with a proper web design firm, which is annoying cos I can create so awesome graphics in PSP!

My question is, for others who have had experience with PSP and have had to switch to PS, how hard was it?

I have used PS before and I find it so confusing its not funny. I am just wondering if after 6 years I can actually make the transition.

Any tips and help would be appreciated.
  • JasonStanley
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • JasonStanley
  • Loc: London, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't used PSP before and I went straight into Photoshop. I was very confused with Photoshop for a very long time. I found the tools weren't very intuitive and filters just confused me.

I then purchased this book for CS2..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Photoshop ... 506&sr=8-9

And suddenly it all made sense. Since then I haven't looked back. If you want the quick way into the CS3 program you might want to consider the CS3 version of this book as you really cannot go wrong with it.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks mate :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Version 12 ?! :lol:
I would venture to say people don't take PSP seriously for one, that high number suggests alot of overhauls, & for two it's been given away for free on the CDs & DVDs that come with magazines here in the US for years.

I think you'ld have a better chance at being taken seriously if you were using GIMP, which is open source.

Also, somthing worth reading -- http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/11/ph ... as_se.html
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Photoshop and Illustrator are the industry standards, period. There isn't anything that should be considered comparable.

IMO, that's not just my opinion.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

dM wrote:
IMO, that's not just my opinion.

I'll second that ... So now it's not just yours anymore ...
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I agree, thats why I want to switch! :P

BTW Joe, CS3 is version 10 of PS so I don't think you can really say because PSP is up to version 12, its not that great.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts