Photoshop CS3 Extended - Rotating Animation

• agentlopez
  • Born
  • Born
  • agentlopez

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying to rotate an image as an animation, but I cannot use the edit > Transform tool because every time I do so, it rotates that image in every frame instead of the one I am trying to rotate it in. I then want to tween the previous image so it looks like the image is rotating. I cannot do that because every time I try rotating it, it rotates for every frame. Anyone know why this is or how it can be fixed?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It doesn't look like rotation is an animatable transform. If I'm right about that, I think you have to make a layer for every frame.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
It doesn't look like rotation is an animatable transform. If I'm right about that, I think you have to make a layer for every frame.

Yes, that's exactly it ... But there are quite a few tricks to that thing ... pretty frustrating ... I had to do that once in class ... hope I can remember how I did it ... Layer visibility goes through all the frames if I remember correctly, so you'll have to paste a flat image in each frame, so what I did is the following, I went into photoshop and created every frame by hand and then saved it as a flat image (each frame), then open them all up in ImageReady and paste the first image into the first frame, thenpaste the second image on the second frame and flatten the image so that it's one layer again repeat for all frames ...

//Hope this is what you're looking for otherwise I was just wasting my time typing now ... lol
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could do what righteous said, or you could project how many frames you will use...copy the layer the projected amount of times via command J or ctrl j and then in the animation palette "make frames from layers" that way to can have static content with a few animated layers. Hope that wasn't too confusing. Good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts