Photoshop Curves

• Ross
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ross

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm pulling a brainfart right now...I can't figure out how to make my curves more defined...just look at this image:

I remember a setting that allowed your curves to be more...curvy...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• BongSoo
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL! Curves to me means a method of Color Correction!

I would use the pen tool/bezier tools...
  • Ross
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ross

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was using the elliptical tool. All was fine until I started adding blending options. Isn't there a way to change the curve rendering?
  • BongSoo
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know, it sounds like a resolution issue to me. The higher the resolution of your image, the less chance of this happening. What resolution is your image?

I (almost) never use the shape tools as I prefer to use the pen/paths tool, so I can't tell you if there is a way to change the curve rendering.
  • geminigriffin
  • Born
  • Born
  • geminigriffin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the same problem with photoshop elements. I don't use it much because I use GIMP. I don't know if it will help but the layer that is raggety can be blured with a border selection. Try the lowest setting that will get rid of the jagged border. I hope that give some help. I don't have the same problem in GIMP so I don't know why that happens in photoshop. Must be something a person is suppose to do first but I don't know what it is. Because I have seen smooth borders after an elipical selection in Photoshop.
  • d4_o2
  • Student
  • Student
  • d4_o2

Post 3+ Months Ago

just at the begginging you are starting to draw the circle press SHIFT while dragging the circle selection. This will creat a perfect circle

Hope i helped you :P
  • SuprSonic5
  • Student
  • Student
  • SuprSonic5
  • Loc: Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

you might also want to anti-alias the edges so they don't look so jagged.
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks to my eyes like you have attempted to increase the selection size using "Selection | Modify | Expand", instead of starting off with the correct size circle.

This 48KB .psd file should get you off in the right direction, and it's already mounted on a transparent background layer.

Note: To open this psd file in Photoshop, simply right-click the link and copy the URL and then select "Open" in Photoshop, the paste the URL into the address box, PS will download and open the internet-based file into your window.

Note: Remember that you can press the "Alt" key when you want to select a circle so that your selection starts from the center, NOT the upper left corner of the selection...makes it a bit easier to judge sizes.

Good luck.

C.C.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts