Photoshop question

• matt@aylist
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: The Happy Place | UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Someone told me once you could download a program for cs2 that will enable me to resize many images at once! I've got 250 photo's to resize and then also make into thumb nails so any help would be much appreciated!

I've searched Google but can't seem to find anything that helps.

:?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Matt, this is what you are looking for, you won't need another program because CS2 will do it for you.

http://www.ozzu.com/digital-art-forum/photoshop-actions-t19602.html

Also I am not sure if it's mentioned in that topic but you need to record your actions using the Actions tab (if its not showing press Alt + F9). Start a new one and name it something and hit record ;)

Although that topic is old, the action process works the same in all versions.

Open an image first before you start recording and then start recording every step you do, finishing with closing the image file- that way when you go to File > Automate > Batch - it will open and close every file in the folder you need to resize with ease.

Let us know if you get stuck.

Cheers,
Rose
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Matt, there is another way also in CS2. Goto File>Scripts>Image Processor
  • matt@aylist
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Rose thank you so much you are a STAR. I have done what you said and it worked a treat! Magic. :lol:
  • matt@aylist
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fantastic thanx Origin now I know two ways of doing this – much appreciated this forum is superb thanx to people like you! Thanks for posting.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II wrote:

Mine doesn't come up with that, is it something I need to download first? I had a browse through the program files but there was nothing that had image processor in the js scripts. Any ideas? Thanks :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

matt@aylist wrote:
Hey Rose thank you so much you are a STAR. I have done what you said and it worked a treat! Magic. :lol:

No problems, glad it worked for you, the same feature works for all kinds of other processes too like converting images to black and white etc. :D
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
OriginNO_II wrote:

Mine doesn't come up with that, is it something I need to download first? I had a browse through the program files but there was nothing that had image processor in the js scripts. Any ideas? Thanks :)

My version, that is to say, Mac version comes with it. You may have to download it if you don't have it. I don't see why they would put it in one version and not the other but it has been known to happen with other software from Adobe. Wait a minute it, I just thought about it. I used it in one of my classes on a Windows machine so that is not the reason. Hmmmm, I dont know why you can't find it. Try going to the help and search it. Still, you might need to download.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

okie dokie I will have a look around, I found a bunch of other scripts in the program files. :D
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Odd.

I'm using Windows and i have Adobe Photoshop CS2 with the File>Scripts>Image Processor option.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nothing that looks like Image Processor comes up either when I browse the Adobe program files...

weird! :shock:

Ahh well, I know how to do it the other way so I'm not missing out on anything :D
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is that CS2?

The Photoshop logo looks different, like it's older. I can't think where that logo comes from.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Is that CS2?

The Photoshop logo looks different, like it's older. I can't think where that logo comes from.

Agreed. The feather in the icon in the title bar in CS2 is blue and green and is top of feather to the left, not right. Is that a beta you're still using musik?

I also have the option in mine.

P.S. musik. can't believe you remembered that 4 year old post I made about actions. Nice find! lol (I even forgot about it- although I used them religiously since).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts