Photoshop resolution

• web_noob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • web_noob

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm designing a graphic that is going to be approximately 12x10 inches. What would be a good pixels per inch resolution?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whilst the following is not exactly what you are asking, i believe it could help you decide what kind of PPI your looking for.

In Photography, a good quality photograph usually contains 300 pixels per inch when printed.

So, if my mathematics was correct then i think (going by the above statement) you should be looking at a graphic the size of 3600x3000. I do expect someone else with a further bit of knowledge on this subject to jump in and provide a bit of information that could be more useful than what i have posted.

Hopefully this has helped somehow though.
  • joolszee2005
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • joolszee2005
  • Loc: UK by the sea side

Post 3+ Months Ago

‘Hmm’ you posted a similar post only a day ago why create a new post, just to keep things neat try to post in one post in future? This helps people searching the subject and keeps the forum tidy.

I think you are designing somthing for print?

You have not said what your graphic is for? Is it for print or web? :roll:
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be fair joolsazee2005, web_n00b has asked a completely unrelated question to the one in the other post.

For those who happen to stumble across this post through a Google search and would like to learn a bit more about making a graphic 1x1 inch then click on this link!
  • joolszee2005
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • joolszee2005
  • Loc: UK by the sea side

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats cool 3600x3000 is 12 by 10 inches, at 300 PPI is correct, it wasn't very obvious the 1x1 inch subject sorry about that :?
  • web_noob
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • web_noob

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the advice on posting new threds and replying. The graphic I am designing is going to be printed. It's my paintball team's logo that's going to be on our jerseys.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Then you want it to be 300 DPI. Before you finish, you should convert from RGB to CMYK

Try to limit your colors as much as possible. The more colors you use, the higher the cost of the print job.

Most print companies will accept images saved in Adobe .pdf format. Some might prefer .eps Check with the printers on what format they prefer to work with.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts