Photoshop Switches My Letters. :-\

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm using Photoshop CS2 on Windows XP. After working for about 5 minutes, photoshop will recognize a as q, q as a, w as z, z as w, m as a comma, a comma as a semicolon, a semicolon as m, and a couple others. The letters are recognized fine outside of photoshop. In photoshop, it goes for shortcuts and typing text with the text tool...

I tried finding similar incidents on the web, but search engines suck nowadays so I just get articles reviewing photoshop.

Thanks in advance.

C
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, that's interesting. I never heard of such a thing. If you can't find anything similar on the net it's probrably not a software glich. You might have to look into compatiblity problems concerning Adobe PS with your particular OS and checkout Adobe's website for troubleshooting.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or maybe try a different keyboard and see what happens. I've never seen nor heard of that with PS either.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the tips...though I don't think they'll be of much help.

I've used photoshop for years and never had this happen. It's been acting up a lot lately...I can't even get bridge to start and sometimes photoshop throws a C runtime error and closes. :(

It must just be something gone bad in the installation...I'm running a trial copy of Vista...maybe I'll just switch over to it all together.

Thanks again. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts