Pixel ruler

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

My aging PC is not really lovin' Photoshop these days, so I try to be in and out of there as quickly as possible. The idea of leaving it open just so I can measure areas of a particular image send the computer into convulsions.

I know that there are loads of screen rulers out there. But I'm not looking for a straight edge against which to eyeball a measurement. I'm looking for the Marquee tool from Photoshop combined with the Info palette ripped out and packaged into its own tiny, resource-friendly application.

Does anyone know if such a beast exists for XP? Open source and/or freeware preferable, but shareware is fine too.

Incidentally, I did do a search for "pixel ruler" but unfortunately there's a shareware product by that name (one of those straight-edged ruler on the screen things), so all I got were pages of shareware sites that have it listed.

Thanks,
.g
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Found http://digilander.libero.it/important/z ... index.html

Apparently, you can "Measure and select regions, lengths and angles", but I haven't tried it.

Also found http://www.iconico.com/caliper/index.aspx , which while probably not much more than a screen ruler is a kind of nifty idea.

:)
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aaah, Zoom might be overkill, but Screen Calipers just might work. Thanks so much!

.g

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts