Pixelated effect on pic- how do you do this? (example given)

• kilo_4que
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kilo_4que

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys, ive been wanting to know how do you pixelate a portion of an image or pic as show in the following example

http://www.misipile.com/portfolio/futuretip.png

I am really interested in finding out how it is done please
  • ThomasB
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ThomasB

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, that is a vector graphic, not really a pixal, but your right it is an effect.

Open illustror, outline, create your image with the pen tool. Make a whole lot of little boxs and make them move of the page, done!
  • kilo_4que
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kilo_4que

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm i thought it was some sort of automated effect since the "pixels" or boxes as youve called them are so irregular but accurate at the same itme if you know what i mean

moreover, how do i know how many boxes i need to have, where to place them, what size they need to be etc
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

kilo_4que wrote:
hmm i thought it was some sort of automated effect since the "pixels" or boxes as youve called them are so irregular but accurate at the same itme if you know what i mean

moreover, how do i know how many boxes i need to have, where to place them, what size they need to be etc

Damn, plug-ins have made you guys really lazy. If you don't know, then we don't know. Just start adding boxes and stop when you don't like it any more, then delete one.
  • kilo_4que
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kilo_4que

Post 3+ Months Ago

well maybe if i dont know then you might not know but im sure others would likewise if you dont know then its pointless you replying to the thread

make any sense?

o and thank you for your time

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts