Playing With Photoshop

• Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am always messing with photoshop to improve and well just get better. I made a few wallpapers and such. Take it if you want it.

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/grumtek/
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I absolutely love this one http://www.angelfire.com/hero/grumtek/d ... umtek3.jpg it looks great!
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I made it like 30 minutes ago and took me like 3 hours to finally get something I was happy with.. I keep like working on something for like an hour to just delete the intire thing and start over.. God I love photoshop..
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am still a bit of a dum dum when it comes to photoshops capabilities, this is merely due to a lack of time to sit down and play around, I use it a lot for editing product photos and thats about it at the moment, although I have begun to start making websites in it, that has been interesting.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, but if your job has ANYTHING to do with designs than Photoshop would be the #1 thing to learn. Even if it isn't, than it's STILL a good thing to know. Also, it is just fun but maybe that is just me. I would suggest taking a class on it, like an online class. I am pretty familiar with Photoshop and I could probably learn much on my own but no matter how much you know you can always learn more. So, I am going to take a class on Photoshop. Anyways, I would be interested in seeing some of designs if it isn't too much to ask. I love to see others designs because it's weird but I learn that way. I see what Photoshop is capable of and if I see something I like or don't know how to do, I try and figure it out.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't get me wrong, I know my way around Photoshop pretty well, in my job its imperative to know how to do things, however I haven't really sat down and had a good play around on it especially when it comes to all the different filters etc you can use.

Most of the work I do is fairly uncomplicated design work. I did learn a lot when I got into making avatars for a chatsite I used to frequent, although lately I haven't had much enthusiasm for it.

I've given thought to doing some classes on it, my colleque at the moment is doing a graphic design degree so I get the benift of all the things she has been learning. I am sure at some point I will need to, and besides I can claim it on the company anyway :wink:

I love to look at other peoples work too, I spend a some time browsing http://www.deviantart.com and admiring peoples artistic work. :D
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I have learned most from online but it is really hard because I am a visual learner and reading on how to do something bores me to death. So, I was thinking about online classes but then I marked that out with a fat Sharpies Marker... Going to a tech school like maybe ITT Tech. I have an interview for ATI but that isn't really a tech school but they have a lot of classes I am interested in so I will check it out..
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah reading stuff irks the heck out of me, usually I end up playing around with things to see what the outcome is and if its something specific I am wanting to do then I will do a search in the manual.

I like those free tutorials you can get though, they show you step by step with examples how to do things.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I use the manual to raise my monitor up higher.. I tried to read it and it went something like this....

"In order to use filters, you must first go to...." ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have drool all in the book from falling asleep..

This is why I never did good in school. Oh and also, people giving long lectures knocks me right out.. especially ones dealing with History.

EDIT:

Like my new avatar? I don't know, I kinda like the orange for a change. Kinda simple but I thought it works. I get tired pics and such really fast so I tend to change them alot like wallpapers, sigs, avatars, ect.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

naa not the printed manual the Help files on line. Yeah I am not a big fan of school either :D

But then I never really went and learnt anything I really enjoyed enough I guess, maybe it would be different ...
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I edited my last post..
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it, very original with the noughts and crosses theme for your name :wink:

I have a billion different avatars but I tend to use the same ones.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I have a billion as well and some of them I don't even remember making..
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe you were in auto mode at the time :wink:
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, cuz you know I do that all the time.. lol.. Naaa.. ADD people don't come standard with auto mode.. We have to work for it and I am just too lazy because..... You know........... The ADD....
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you mean that Attention Deficit Disorder thing?
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is that what A.D.D. stands for? Hmm, I didn't know because I wasn't paying attention when they told me.. Anyways, yes, whatever you said.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL ya goof.

In my experience with people with ADD, when they are taking their medication properly they are just like the next person :)
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol.. 1 out of 20 people have ADD some worse than others but we all have ADD really.. We all have problems paying attention sometimes. Anyways, all ADD people are normal unless they are retarded than probably not. It is not like I bounce off the walls or anything. Anyways, most people take adoral for it and I don't have a prescription for it because my mom was always in denial that I did, even though I failed all my classes.. I score above average on a IQ test and she thinks I am a genius.. pfft.. Moms.... Anyways, with adoral it is just a feeling of drugged. You get cotton mouth really bad and it mostly just makes you feel comfortable.. It feels like an antidepressant besides the fact I have never taken an anitdepresent, but that is what I think it feels like. Also, you can't sleep at all.. Trust me... I tried... Long story..
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Of course, well you know what is best for you and your body! :D
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
Of course, well you know what is best for you and your body! :D

exercise but I'm too lazy..
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just got back from an hours walk out with my dog, walking is a great exercise! It is very good for you indeed :D
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like your avatar, Heart. :)
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Unflux..

I like your site alot. Your layout has a simple feel but looks very professional. I love that because I hate sites that you can't find anything because, of all the hidden buttons and when just nothing is handy.:)
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow!, cool pics, i use fireworks but i have never come across summot like that, i might have to get photshop because alot more people use it and the pics u ppl make look alot better than mine lol
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

honestly, fireworks is just as capable of a program to create graphics as
pshop. I personally prefer pshop because I have been using it for 4
versions now, and to learn a whole new app at this point is just not in
the cards. Since you already have it, you might as well learn it better.
You have decent skills as shown in your work, so no reason to quit now! 8)
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehe!, no way am i gonna quit, i just might get hold of it and have a go ;)
see which 1 i prefer, i will probably go back to fw cus it the only 1 i spent time to learn,
i just heard alot of good stuff about PS
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
i like your avatar, Heart. :)

Yes the new avatar is quite crafty and cool!
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

i know several people who have taken time to learn fireworks. half went
back to photoshop, and the other half liked fireworks better. So, I guess
it's just gonna depend on your preference at that point.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use an array of different programs as some have better features than others and some have more than the other. I switch between them, the great things about .psp files is some other programs can handle them.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 32 posts