Please help with the background image problem

• gladden
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gladden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

I’ve been trying to create a background gif for my page but no matter what I do the image has all sorts of wave like discolorations.

I used flash for a while to create and export images. But except for the simplest images I couldn’t get any smooth effects so I purchased Paint Shop Pro just two days ago. That package is hard I’m still learning it.

It seems creating good art is harder than coding! If anyone could give me some points in regard to creating fancy gif images I’d really appreciate. For example I’ve been trying to create a background image that has a little bit of highlight in it, but what I get is this horrible thing here, and as to be expected I get even worse with PaintShopPro.
http://www.tutorialwizard.net/test/test.html :oops: :shock:
. Could anyone give me some advice how to make something nicer than this?
Thank you incredibly very much in advance.
  • sly1340
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: not available

Post 3+ Months Ago

try creating an image the size of your background, press d on your key board (or set the background and foreground colors to whichever two colors you would like the gradient to be) and select the linear gradient and click down on one side of the image to the otherside and let go, there you go! now go save it, and if you want to choose the quality go to save for web.

this is for photoshop
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

if PSP has a "Save for Web" option, then use that, you can control the quality of the output image.
  • gladden
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gladden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I don't have photoshop :cry:
  • sly1340
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: not available

Post 3+ Months Ago

oops, i thought he said he had photoshop :roll:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes it may have that option I know alot of other graphic progs do... have a look for it anyways, if not play around with the save as option. you might be better to save it as a jpeg than a gif or visa versa, trial and error sometimes can help work stuff out, also look in the online help manual too
  • gladden
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gladden

Post 3+ Months Ago

PSP is supposed to have all the capabilities of photo shop including creating background affects for a webpage. But getting it to do that is another matter.

It allows for gif to be exported. There’re a lot of options for opacity and dithering but none that I’ve tried so has worked.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

psp has an export option

go to file/export/gif optimization and just tweak with the levels till you get what you need

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts