Post Your Camera

• Rogue Forces
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Kentucky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I may get some flame for this, but I am analog all the way. When it comes to computers and software I stay cutting edge. When it comes to photography I am a purist at heart.

I have a Pentax 645n medium format and it will blow any <insert number>billion megapixel digital camera away. I will give digital cameras the nod when it comes to convenience, but that's all I'll give them. I don't own one and never plan to.

The pictures that I have taken with this camera are simply breathtaking.

Some things are just sacred. :p
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel the same way about my N90s... I still love film. But, as long as you're not printing anything above 8x10's, a good DSLR can keep up ;)
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

can't you put either a film or digital back on that camera body?
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a pretty cool camera. And if what dM says is true, even cooler! :-D
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can get a Kodak digital doohicky to stick on the back of the N90s to make it a digital SLR, but it's about 500 bucks, and only gives you like 1024x768 (or thereabouts).

I don't know about on that Pentax up there.
  • Rogue Forces
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Kentucky

Post 3+ Months Ago

To my knowledge, there are no digital backs for the Pentax medium formats.

Contax and Mamiya MF cameras both accept digital backs from a third party vendor called Phase One if you're willing and able to shell out $$$

Did I say "$$$"? I meant $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....

At any rate, I appreciate the flexibility of a camera with interchangeable backs and digital capability. At the time of my purchasing the 645N, digital backs were prototypes and concepts.

I constantly hear rumors about development of a "digital insert" for the 645n, but no joy so far. With that said, I probably would cave in to buying a 645n digital insert if they ever indeed make one, but I would never out and out buy a digital camera.

A friend of mine has a Pentax *iST digital SLR 35mm and I must admit I look on with envy as he downloads his beautiful images via USB while I lug my film rolls off to the local developer studio. Still, when it comes to capturing detail and reproducing enlargements, the 645n (and any other MF) comes out on top. My wife and I took a trip to the mountains last year and shot 300+ photos with this 645n. 90% of the photos were gorgeous and a few we enlarged to poster size with NO LOSS of image quality (The enlargements actually brought out more of the image, like a little bug on a leaf that we had never noticed). Also, the "6x4.5" aspect ratio format is the choice of most art directors, magazines, etc.

I will say that non-medium format digital SLR has caught up to analog SLR for the most part, however, at the risk of sounding trite, there is just something pure about the image being burned onto film. You have the "actual image" instead of a digital reproduction. Each have their woes and wows.

Take care!
  • enzyme
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • enzyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an Olympus Stylus 300 Digital...

Not the best, but at least it's stylish and weatherproof.
  • imagemoore
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • imagemoore
  • Loc: Surrey, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got myself a Sony Mavica CD500 5megapixels a few months back.

It is probably the best camera I have ever had.

It records onto mini CD's and can store a about 250 pics in 5megapixel resolution.

Rich :P
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

FinePix A200
2.0 mega pixels
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rat wrote:
FinePix A200
2.0 mega pixels

I had a Fujifilm MX-1400 until my wife dropped it at the 2002 Vegas Auto Show (JUST before I found the Speed Racer booth, no less :) )

The last pic taken with my 1400: http://www.kgreene.com/DSCF0007.JPG

I currently have an Olympus C720 with 8X Optical zoom. It's a bit harder for her to use, but I like it a lot.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have Sony DSC .. its not good at zoomin but its still good :)
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ive got a canon powershot A310, not sure what they are called overseas, But its a 3.2 meg, 5x digital zoom. Takes awesome photos. I took my avatar with it :D
  • DC THUNDER
  • DC THUNDER

Post 3+ Months Ago

mine is a sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828

it costs a crisp $1000.00 dollars.

you can see it below

http://www.sonystyle.com/intershoproot/ ... SCF828.jpg

^ that is for fun

and i i got a canon EOS (SLR) EOS 3 one that i take for work

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/app/image ... 86x225.jpg

^ i am a student at my high-schools photography cost
  • Sean Dempsey
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sean Dempsey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use:

Canon 10D body 6.3 megapixel
100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L Image Stabilized Canon Zoom
17-40mm f/4L Canon Wide Angle
105mm f/2.8 Sigma Macro
50mm f/1.8 Canon Prime

Along with the 550ex Canon Speedlight, timer remote shutter, Bogen Manfrotto Wildlife Tripod, Bogen Manfrotto Monopod, Pelican 50150 hard case for all the camera gear...

Not to mention the beautiful Epson Stylus 2200 photo printer (professional prints up to 13x19 inches)
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

mine

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=9827
  • ccrios
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ccrios
  • Loc: Goodyear, Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

i use a sony cybershot DSC-F717 and a Minolta Maxxum 5
  • LtPitt
  • Born
  • Born
  • LtPitt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello there =D

I'm new and glad to be here =)

I use a canon a80 and I have to say that is a steady and good camera, with many different manual functions. I have some problems with the damn flash... I terrible red eyes... Always :(
  • lilpyro725

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use a FujiFilm FinePix 7000. Has nice 6.3megapixel. I also have two manual 50mm Canons.
  • Arcath
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone

After a few months of comparing models I narrowed it down to 4 models. Canon 10D & Digital Rebel, and the Nikon D70 & D100.

After tring all four out I ended up finding the Nikon's were much better digital SLR's. I ordered the D70 and have been using it for a few months now and highly recomend it to anyone looking for a digital SLR.

The D100 is a fine camera but the D70 seemed to offer everything the D100 did for a lower price.

If you are a Canon fan the 10D is a great camera and compares close to the D70. (The D70 offers instant-on, no 3 second warm up; and sustaned shots only limited to the size of the memory card, compared to a limit of 9 shots with the canon [but realistically how many people need to take more then 9 shots in a row anyway?] )

The digital rebel is crap. If your going to spend that much on a SLR, spend a little more and get a decent one. If not, then buy 5 or 6 MP pocket sized digital camera, it's easier to carry and probably takes better pictures.
  • criserb
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here. I'm reading this forum from a while, and i like it.

My cam is an Olympus C750 UZ, and I can tell you that I'm very satisfied with it. The last one was a Canon PowerShot A30. It was enough to also. I've changed it only for the big zoom of C750 and the 4MP.

The Canon was (and is) very good, it has very nice colors, and it make wonderful pic.

For seeing what my camera can do please look here http://www.myphotobooth.com, I have some pictures in my gallery
  • pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm using a Kodak EasyShare (yeah.. i know ;)) C something or other.. 4.0 mp, it's really nice. It doesn't look or feel like the conventional 80 dollar kodak crappyshares. It's got a good look and a great feel to it, easy to use and the zoom is ok too. Overall, I like it a lot.
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Bc, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Shimano
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Shimano

Post 3+ Months Ago

I 'm using soviet Zenit ET. Cool *plum* you know. It's a present from my friend in Russia. And i'm looking forward to buy some digital camera. Can you advice something?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 113 posts