POW MIA

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, I recently had the opportunity to meet one of the people involved with the POW MIA organization. After talking with him for a while, some of the stories he was telling me really started to hit me. When i got home after talking to him I didn't really have anything in mind as far as a project. The next day, I found out that he had died over night from a heart attack. Thats when i decided i really needed to do some kind of art work for remembering all of the brave soldiers who have died for our country. This is what I came up with. Please give me any thoughts that you have, and please rate it.

http://point9studios.com/Projects/POW_MIA/powmia.jpg

One thing i was thinking of adding was one of the yellow ribbons in the bottom right corner. I was also thinking of removing the black from around the POW MIA logo. Let me know what you think, and any suggestions you have. Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's wonderful poly. For you to create something to remember them by especially after it touched you so since you met one the day before.

As for improvements, I'd move the top right hand text to someplace more visible. With the flag as the background it kinda gets lost in there and it's hard to read.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree ^^

If you are going for a subtle text in the background, you should lower the opacity a lot more...but if your not going for that, you should make it more visable...Its in like a wierd inbetween area which doesn't look good. Actually I think it may be too large a font as well.

Im not sure how I feel about the font for the other text...

Its good to remember the people that keep us safe, and I like the image alot.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the comments. ill see if i can find some time today to work on it a little bit.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts