Printing 4 page brochure in Illustrator...?

• minelli
  • Born
  • Born
  • minelli

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have always used Quark to print brochures etc..
Is it possible to make a brochure in Illustrator, 4 pages..? And print?
Anyone knows how? :roll:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 4colorlook
  • Born
  • Born
  • 4colorlook

Post 3+ Months Ago

with latest innovations now in pritning technology... anything can be done possible for your brochure and for a great one... have it four color brouchure or full color... just choose then... good luck :)
  • minelli
  • Born
  • Born
  • minelli

Post 3+ Months Ago

4colorlook wrote:
with latest innovations now in pritning technology... anything can be done possible for your brochure and for a great one... have it four color brouchure or full color... just choose then... good luck :)

I just don't know HOW to make it right - document setup - then print setup.. I am used to Quark. But at work they want it in Illustrator :)
  • sarvel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dubai

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hai minelli
Sure u can develop 4 page brochure in illustrator. good luck?and tell me what are the advantages in Quark.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

minelli wrote:

Hi minelli,

Illustrator is excellent for creating brochures. If you are used to Quark then you will really enjoy using Adobe InDesign. Same concept but much more powerful.

As for Illustrator, same concept as Quark, you need to set up the page size, bleeds etc, you can create each page on either a seperate file or in seperate layers, if you do the latter, you will need to make sure your printer knows the work is on layers :D

What kind of printing will you be doing, youself on an inkjet/laser or a professional printer? This information will help me more to give you the right advice.
  • minelli
  • Born
  • Born
  • minelli

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a new printer.. Canon..
I just tried to set up four pages, but it
is hard to get it to print 4 pages right.

Sorry, I'm norwegian... hard to explain ;)
Thanks for the help!!
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

minelli wrote:
Its a new printer.. Canon..
I just tried to set up four pages, but it
is hard to get it to print 4 pages right.

Sorry, I'm norwegian... hard to explain ;)
Thanks for the help!!

Can you explain to me the best you can how the 4 pages will be set up, for example will it be A4 size folded in half - and printed on both sides to create the 4 pages?

Your english is fine minelli, just do your best to explain and let's see if we can get things working for you :D
  • China Printing Solutions
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Hong Kong-Shanghai-St Louis-London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Minelli,

If I understand correctly, you just want to know how to configure your document properly.

While the poster who suggested doing this in InDesign has a point, for simple layouts, Illustrator is just easier to manage.

Create a document size large enough to accomodate all your artwork.
Create a frame representing the page size of your brochure for every page. When you're ready to output, Choose "create crop marks " under the Filter Menu (Illustrator CS)
So long as you are precise in defining the page edge your separation house can manage from there.

Do be mindful of what a page is from printing point of view...I mean a 4 page A4/letter size brochure will be 2 basic panels from a layout point of view, with a fold line down the middle..not four separate pages. Make sure you leave at least 3-4mm for the bleed.

Best regards,
Aaron Landis
http://www.chinaprintingsolutions.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Hong Kong-Shanghai-St Louis-London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Minelli,

if you mean how to print it on your desktop, you need to use the Hand/page move tool.

View your tools (choose tools under the window menu, or just click tab when nothing is selected.

the hand/page move tool should be somewhere near the bottom, and when you click it you should see your page tiling tool. Page tiling defines what part of your pasteboard should print.

In older versions of AI, you had to have this set up perfectly before hitting Print. That may or may not be the case for your setup. We're running one Canon A3 printer whose driver allows us to 'tile' the page or choose the area to print in the print dialogue window. It's dead easy.

Best regards,
Aaron Landis
http://www.chinaprintingsolutions.com
  • Lotus

Post 3+ Months Ago

minelli wrote:

I am pretty sure that you can just set up each individual page and create the bleeds, etc. However, I don't know why you would use Illustrator over Quark. Quark is quite frankly, much better for print media applications.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts