Progression+Vector

• Ablie
  • Ablie
  • Loc: Atlanta, GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heh, ive been working on this a few days now and probably is one of my few attempts in a while to take on digital painting and vector art. I did this in fireworks cause my PS cd is at our other house and my uncle crashed my computer just lately. Critiques highly welcome and appreciated. Comments are also.

Here is the link:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14145913/
  • Jaw
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let me take a stab at the theme.... Something along the lines of "Nature is Powerful" Maybe it's to obvious or maybe I'm way off. I get this from the symbol of the C- which looks very much like a computer power symbol and the animals spaced about it.
I'm not grasping the reason for your choice in color. Not to say that it is a bad choice it just doesn't seem to tie in to my perception of the overall concept.

The asymetrical layout is clearly the best choice. It leaves space to flow into showing that this could easily be a cover for a magizine spread or a t-shirt design, concept for a cd cover perhaps, I think you get the idea... asymetrical layouts are simply versatile in design.

I would like to see a little breathing room along the left margin though. Your core logo needs a little space. I think others would agree.

Hope you enjoyed the critique.

Cheers,
Jake

---
  • Ablie
  • Ablie
  • Loc: Atlanta, GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I did'nt put my logo in this piece but thanks for the critiques. The computer sign well, I kinda made this up as I went.

Thanks a lot for the critiques and ill continue working on everything I make.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts