Project Robby

• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey all

as some of you may know... i haven't submited any type of artwork or design for about a month now lol

so here i am with something very new for me.

I make abstract stuff with cinema 4d, so I decided to try and get into modeling stuff more, and here is my outcome after learning all the tools.

I started with some legs... well, actually, one leg lol.

I started with the upper plate with basic box modeling, then adding hypernurbs. the box itself was made longer, converted to polygons and made into a rectangle. I splitted on side and brought it in. (hard to explain but you will see with other images.) so it is concave, This made this piece look like some sort of armour on a type of exo skeleton.
On this i added some detail with some extruding and inner extruding.

I created the knee and the lower leg in the same way.

I copied the leg, rotated it and twisted it a little. For a bit of realism i added some spherical pieces to the top of the leg to make it more realistic, like a type of joint. Comming out of these you will see some points sticking out. (just for show. HA!)

Now we are on to the pelvic piece. I got a box, split it up into poly's and moulded it but shifting the centre polygons on the facing side inwards. The hypernurbs took away the box shape and left it looking like a good pelvic piece.

The head was nice, I had a type of idea for a robot, but the majority of him was created on the fly, I had the box again, selected the side polygons and moved them about to create a slope. Almost like a pyramid but with no point. rotated some bits. Now on the face I rotated this downwards, this gave the eye a type of lid, then for the socket i intruded a ground of polygons in that area. Now you see this

and

he looked odd and unfinished. I added a ring onto its neck, so his head had something to sit on and voila... he seemed much more realistic.

To finish the renders off i created a plane and a spotlight to emualte some shadows.

and

heck, even i can see that he looks boring and unfinished, i gave him some textures and went to rendering...

1 hour and 50 mins later i got this little guy

heck, im well impressed, this is something new for me and I love it. I think i know a majority of the tools for modeling in cinema 4d now, and this christmas break gave me the perfect excuse to make something worth while.

the future of him has yet to be decided, maybe some animation.. i dont know.

comments and critisism please.

oh, and by the way.... this is all axe's fault lol
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First, I'll admit I didn't read everything :oops: , but the images are sweet. I really like what you have going on here.

Make 'em walk! :twisted:
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks

dont worry about it... the writing is a load of stuff for the folks on my forum.

i still dont really know alot about animation... and im probably going to find out that i created him wrong for it too lol

and... considering a 640x480 image took 1hr +

a small sequence of 100x100 could take a day or so lol
  • markw
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

you could start it at night.
Or maybe this can give you an excuse to upgrade your computer :wink:

Anyway, nice pic! I like it alot.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

upgrade for my comp? lol

thats gonna cost lol
i got a p4 3ghz, 1gb ram 6800 vid card

its fast as it is... but, later, i may invest in a duel cpu set up
  • Artplay
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

:? omg nucleo you got me all jealous :wink:

You really achieved something there it looks AWESOME :D
  • Artplay
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can't you make him miniature, you know, like a small animation character that wanders a site? :)
just like "kigot" lol, that would be awesome, btw I was wondering is kigot a flash animation?, ow and for the people that don't know what I am talking about; http://www.kigot.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts