Save for the web with PS, giving not the right results...

• reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

When i saved an image with PS CS and using saving for the web it looked nice and it gave me a fairly good file size reduction but when i place it over another color then white i see there is a whitish outline surrounding my image and it supposed to be transparent like the original.

What am i doing wrong here? what alterations do i need to make in PS?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This tutorial will explain it and help you understand what to do.
http://www.lunaloca.com/tutorials/antialiasing/
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks ATNO, i solved the problem i was having by making a screenshot of the image on it's intended background (the large file size image) and the screenshot gave me a gif file that was 2/3 smaller.

So that improved nicely :wink: and also the quality of the illustration still looks good...about the same as before, hardly any difference...not at all really.

I had a URL of a site before that had an online tool for turning a gif file into png and this would usually also reduce in the file size and would also still keep transparency but i seemed to lost this URL unfortunately.

Do you or any one else by chance know of such an online tool? it could help me reduce the filesize even more.

I went from about 100+ a little something kb to now 45kb and a little something kb, so i managed to improve this very well i might say *padding myself on the back :lol: * maybe i can reduce the overall size even more for the layout.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not aware of an online tool, but you have it built right in PS. When you save for web, simple choose PNG 8 or PNG 24 from the file type selection. PNG 24 is a better quality than PNG 8, but the file size is a little larger.
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

PS file size reducing capabilities are not really that good from what i experienced.
  • xamix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • xamix

Post 3+ Months Ago

reaper wrote:
PS file size reducing capabilities are not really that good from what i experienced.

Then you´re not working well with it...when you save for web you can choose lots of different settings that will reflect on the image size (take my sig as an example...the original was much bigger- i even have an animation-but even static was much bigger..since the rules of this forum are that sig can´t be more than 8kb´s i had to compress it more,loosing some quality in the way,but that´s also something that you can modify manually by instead of automactic elimination of colors: ex: you change from 256 to 128 colors,it eiminates the colors automatically,but you can choos them manually,eliminating the ones that you want and seeing the results of that elimination).
Imageready is a bit better in compressing images (not a big difference..but there´s a diference)
You can see something about that here:
http://user.fundy.net/morris/?photoshop27.shtml
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW, that was a great read, thanks for the link!

reaper, was this the site you had in mind?

xamix, thanks for that link as well, I've saved morris's site for future reference.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts