Saving a webpage ScreenShot

• Code_Sniper
  • Born
  • Born
  • Code_Sniper
  • Loc: Kenya

Post 3+ Months Ago

How I can I save a screen shot of a webpage in photoshop?

Anyone Help! :!:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

On your keyboard do your screenshot by pressing "CTRL" and "Prt Scr" buttons at the same time. In Photoshop create a new document (File, New... and press "Ok") this should automatically have the image size set to the size of your screen shot if not be sure to change it to your screen resolution eg. 1024x768. Then go to "Edit" and click on "Paste". This should have pasted the whole of your computer screen to a file in Photoshop. Save the graphic as whatever.

If you want to print one thing in particular for example an error box that appears on the screen then when the error box is up press ALT and Prt Scr at the same time and do the same as above to save the graphic.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

On XP, Ctrl is not needed. PrtScn captures your whole desktop, Alt + PrtScn captures the current window. For a web page that scrolls, you will need to take multiple screenshots and paste them in Photoshop, editing the canvas size to accommodate the extra bits, unless.... you use Firefox. If you do, you can grab a brilliant extension called ScreenGrab. This thing is wicked. It captures the entire web page in one go so you don't have to copy and paste several screenshots.

- Gita
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

Oh well. I have XP and i still use CTRL. Quite embarassing.
  • Code_Sniper
  • Born
  • Born
  • Code_Sniper
  • Loc: Kenya

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG, I got screen grab.It really does capture very clear shots of a web page.But how can i use it to capture the whole page without havin to capture several parts of the page seperately?
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Code_Sniper wrote:
But how can i use it to capture the whole page without havin to capture several parts of the page seperately?

justG wrote:
For a web page that scrolls, you will need to take multiple screenshots and paste them in Photoshop, editing the canvas size to accommodate the extra bits, unless.... you use Firefox. If you do, you can grab a brilliant extension called ScreenGrab. This thing is wicked. It captures the entire web page in one go so you don't have to copy and paste several screenshots.

Have you tried the extension?

Also see http://snissa.com/
  • kilo_4que
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kilo_4que

Post 3+ Months Ago

Id normally just press the print screen button on the keyboard and do exactly what SB has advised

however if the browser window is not maximised and your wanting just the window itself then just do Alt+PrtScr

hope that helps
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Code_Sniper, right-click on the page and find the ScreenGrab context menu. You'll have three options: Save document as image, Save viewport as image, and Save window as image. The one you want is "Save document as image."

Hope that helps,
.g
  • brspurri
  • Born
  • Born
  • brspurri

Post 3+ Months Ago

Code_Sniper wrote:
How I can I save a screen shot of a webpage in photoshop?

Anyone Help! :!:

I see this post is old, but maybe someone else will find this useful.

i wrote a quick web api found at:
http://api.brettspurrier.net/web-screen ... urrier.net

which will return a screenshot of any webpage in user-specified formats and sizes.

Documentation can be found at:
http://api.brettspurrier.net/
  • jbladeus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jbladeus

Post 3+ Months Ago

As a poster has also mentioned, ScreenGrab! (http://screengrab.org/) is easily the best tool out there for this purpose.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts