sea urchins

• Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am starting to get familiar with poly extracting and beveling. here is something I made. The transparency of the foremost one doesn't look right, I think that maybe I need to make the material not reflect any light. But It took all night to render, so I just stuck with it.

http://www.vladdracworld.com/web_images/urchins.jpg
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• nor.j
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nor.j
  • Loc: norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

good work Vladdrac :)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks, I like your site btw....are you planning on writing anymore blender tutorials?
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is some REAL good work. What program did you use?
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I like it too. Im assuming that you used Blender to do it, since you asked about it in your previous post. Very cool. Im gonna have to get my hands on that. All Ive got right now is photoshop and a couple of Correl programs. Geuss Im gonna have to branch out. :)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

nope, that one is done in MAX
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah, ok. Cool. Do you prefer one over the other? (Since Im now gonna have to buy one of em.)
:)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well blender is a great linux solution, but I prefer 3ds max for obvious reasons....

If you plan on buying max, you should start saving your money now, cause that will run you 3500 dollars. But if you are a student you can get it for 500 dollars. The only problem with that is that I cannot use it for commercial use. Just for educational. If I do plan on using it for commercial use, I will have to buy a full liscence.

500 dollars is not a bad price to learn the software though.

btw, blender is free
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a question, is it WORTH 3500 dollars? If it is, then I have no problem shelling that out. Otherwise............;)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well It depends on if you need it. If you are just starting out, I would get the student liscense. That is if you are a student. Maybe if you knew a student, but that may be illegal--feel free to edit this.

Anyway, I hear bryce is pretty good, and it is a hell of a lot cheaper. Nucleo comes up with some stunning art with that app.

If you want to get your feet wet I would start out with the free blender3d. It is quite powerful IMO.

Don't do what I did, and keep it in the drawer for months if you do get max. I have all these freaking apps that I don't even use, because I haven't took the time to learn. I eventually will, but no telling how long.

man, I wish I could just 'shell' out 3500 dollars. I just paid a 800 dollar bill, and it damn near broke us.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol. Well, thanks for the advice. I think Ill start out with Blender3d, then maybe move over to Max or Bryce.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts