Shameless plug: ArtRage

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I searched the forums, but didn't get any results, so my apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Traditional artists experimenting with or transitioning to the digital medium and dabblers like myself have another tool at their disposal. ArtRage 2 very convincingly simulates natural media. It does not aim to replace The GIMP or Photoshop or Painter, but to complement them. Developed by the same guys who were behind the intuitive interfaces of some of MetaTools'/MetaCreations' creations, ArtRage has practically no learning curve; just launch the (small) application and start drawing, sketching, or painting.

Both a free "lite" version and a USD$20 full version exist. (Yeah, twenty bucks. Really.) It's for both Mac and Windows (universal binary not yet available, but they're working on it).

I have zero vested interest in the company or the product; I'm just an enthusiastic user. It's a small team, they have no advertising budget, and so I say a nice word about them when and where it's appropriate. My apologies if I have breached Ozzu etiquette with this message. I have been around long enough to establish that I'm not a spammer, so I hope this is okay.

To those of you inclined to give it a go, I hope you have as much fun with ArtRage as I do.

- Gita
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Gita - looks great. I'll definitely have a go when I get a chance (I'll have to get my Stylus back out of its box!).
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wot wot? Your stylus has been banished to its box? B-b-but.. *gasp*. I have no words. I've moved from my mouse to the tablet full-time after years of (very, very) occasional tablet use. I should've done it aaaages ago. Takes a bit of getting used to in mouse mode when you're used to tablet mode, but my wrist doesn't suffer from strain anymore, so it's worth it. =]

- Gita

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts