My sig??

• whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK i get my sig from http://stats.outwar.net/Demosthenes705

how do that do that. as you see the money is updated every hour same with the thugs and the power(i think on that) I am wondering how they do that, and is this the right place to put this?
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

what exactly is that sig for?
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

its for the game http://www.outwar.com

it shows your players stats and other info
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to assume that the game writes it to a .txt file perhaps, and php calls the text file to write it into html.

but that is a shot in the dark
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it's comming from a server with PHP then they are probably using the "GD Library" or somthing similar to dynamically add the text over a the background. PHP will be fetching data from either a database, txt file, or xml file (more than likely a database) & using createText functions to position & style the text.

The fact that they are outputing a BMP image makes me wonder if they are using somthing other than GD. GD has support for various other formats better suited for what's going on.

hmmmm, now that I look at it a little closer.....
Ozzu Rules & Regs wrote:
Signatures may contain up to three lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or possibly one image (read farther for specifics), valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 100px high, 468px wide and 6KB in size. Signatures containing an image of 60px high or less may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 15px high or less may include two lines of small size text. Any signature can contain a maximum of only 2 links.

Close, but your image is 80px tall meaning either you need to chop 20px off that image or take out the text.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm joebert, thats interesting. I used to have a sig that was remote hosted that would list what my winamp was playing in an image file (which was text). I used to wonder exaxtly how that text was converted to an image, now I am wondering again.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

ur "NAME" doesnt work.. shoes up as "content-language...."
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vladdrac wrote:
hmm joebert, thats interesting. I used to have a sig that was remote hosted that would list what my winamp was playing in an image file (which was text). I used to wonder exaxtly how that text was converted to an image, now I am wondering again.

I'm assuming you had to install either a plugin for Winamp, or some special monitoring program from the site your sig was comming from. I'm willing to bet that it came complete with spyware :wink:

Realistically, relaying information like what song is playing on your computer is going to either be inaccurate becouse the information is relayed at set intervals to keep bandwidth and server resource usage to an acceptable level,
Or the site isn't going to last long due to extreme bandwidth bills, &or outragous consumption of server resources.

Foxy wrote:
ur "NAME" doesnt work.. shoes up as "content-language...."

I'm tellin ya, women Always have shoes on the brain :P (I know, e is right next to w :wink: )
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

well it was a plugin for winamp, and I used curl http://curl.haxx.se/ to transmit the plugin to the remote host. You could set the frequency to how frequent it would send, and it was pretty darn accurate. I looked at how much data was being sent and It was minimal. Plus I was hosting the actual image on my server.

But it probably did consume a lot of resourses, but the remote host that I used was a freinds at the time, and there wheren't a whole lot of users.

It was interesting, but still unsure how they took text and transferred it to an image. I am guessing that they used an image for each letter of the alphabet.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here you go :D http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.imagettftext.php
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh nice, I will have to look into that some more. cool link