.SIMPLE YET FRUSTRATING.

• DosiaRed
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

IM TRYING TO SAVE A GRAPHIC IN PHOTOSHOP WITH THE CENTER OF IT BEING TRANSPARENT. I THINK I HAVE TRIED EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE WAY TO SAVE THIS...PNG'S GIF'S DITHERS AND NO DITHERS..I KNOW I CAN TOTALLY ELIMINATE THE COLOR IN THE MIDDLE BY SELECTING AND THEN MAKING IT TRANSPARENT WHEN IN "SAVE FOR THE WEB" BUT ITS SUPPOSED TO HAVE AN LOW OPACITY TO IT, NOT BE 100% TRANSPARENT

THIS IS THE IMAGE INSIDE PHOTOSHOP AND THIS IS HOW I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAVE IT..CAN SOMEONE POINT ME SOMEWHERE?

http://greedygraphiks.com/dosiared/screenshot2.jpg
//mod edit: image was too large to display on ozzu so I changed it to a hyperlink.

:evil:
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmmmmmm, I know that if you import a .png into the Flash app. with transparency< 100% it will work like that. I also know that you can make Flash files appear transparent on certain browsers. So, that would lead me to the conclusion that maybe your file type (.png) is not the problem, but rather the browser you are viewing it in.

Very good question, I've never tried a semi-transparent file on the web befor. I hope there is someone who can explain how to do it. :)
  • DosiaRed
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for posting...

Yea Ive tried to view it in different browsers and they all appear the same. =o[ Even when I view it in different programs or viewers..so its def the way its being saved..blah..I hope someone has some more ideas? :idea: :| :tempertandrum:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts