SOLVED! -How to make a product box

• kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Geneva, Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

This might sound extremely stupid, but i was just wondering how to make such a box, like this for example

In this example the box might be real, but i've seen other products also with such a box and im quite sure its not real. I mean they somehow did it with graphix or so.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make something like this (if possible?) and what tools required.

I do not use bearshare, was just want example
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, I think this thread goes better in another forum, but I'm not an expert, so I'll just be a good citizen and try and answer your question to the best of my ability.

Well, with a 3D modelling tool, it'd be extremely easy to create the box. Once you've got the box modelled, you can create the three different panels in Photoshop (or any equivelant program) and skin the model using the textures you make.

That, to me, would be the most straightforward route... but I'm just speculating.

Alternatively, I'm not sure how, but I'm fairly sure it's possible to do something like it completely in Photoshop using resizing and perspectives and all that jazz.

Sorry if I'm not very helpful, I'm not a graphical expert (I wouldn't mind being one, but I'm primarily just a simple graphics guy).
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

is there any programm that could help me in any way? I can use photshop as I am intermediate experienced in that area, but maybe a small programm which could help me a bit.

And PS: Sorry if its in the wrong forum, i always try to do my best placing it in the correct one, but... "Product Box" where could I have placed it? :?
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I believe there is a Photoshop/Graphics forum as the last forum in this category (Webmaster Forum). I may be wrong, but anyhow...

As for any further assistance... sorry, I don't know of any programs. I was going to mention gmax, but then I remembered that it does not have a rendering option... I suppose a screenshot would work... y'know, I'll just link to it anyway. You can find it at: http://www.discreet.com/ under the "products" section.

If I'm wrong about this, please forgive me, as I said, I'm not entirely sure myself.
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

bluephoenix wrote:
Well, I believe there is a Photoshop/Graphics forum as the last forum in this category (Webmaster Forum). I may be wrong, but anyhow...

As for any further assistance... sorry, I don't know of any programs. I was going to mention gmax, but then I remembered that it does not have a rendering option... I suppose a screenshot would work... y'know, I'll just link to it anyway. You can find it at: http://www.discreet.com/ under the "products" section.

If I'm wrong about this, please forgive me, as I said, I'm not entirely sure myself.

thanks hillary i got it to work.

anothe question just poped up while doing this. I want to also create a book with my cover stuff on it. Would nyone know how?

• bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

kanexpo wrote:
bluephoenix wrote:

anothe question just poped up while doing this. I want to also create a book with my cover stuff on it. Would nyone know how?

Hilary, eh? You mean my future wife? :P

As for the book... I'll leave that to other people.
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

bluephoenix wrote:
kanexpo wrote:
bluephoenix wrote:

Hilary, eh? You mean my future wife? :P

As for the book... I'll leave that to other people.

hehe!

I've managed to do that with the box. It looks not symetrical however and somehow confuses you when you look at it for a long time, but practise makes the master.

Thank you everyone for your help.

And PS: good luck with hil ^^
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey, post the finished image when you get a chance, Id like to see how it turned out
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

not sure how you got it in the end but it is very easy to do in photoshop.. basically 3 layers with each face (top, side and front) and distort them using perspective/distort transformation. its just getting the angle right... but you could draw some guides using that perspective technique using a horizon and four points ;-)
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do not overlook the fact that it is even more important that you are able to physically put that box together and print it out - if your selling software and display a product box for that package - it does you no good just to show a graphic-enhanced image of the packaging, you need to also physically have that package ready for shipping.

//Don't know what your primary motives are, but keep that in mind if it does involve selling a product/software, sto lat.
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

mr_darek wrote:
Do not overlook the fact that it is even more important that you are able to physically put that box together and print it out - if your selling software and display a product box for that package - it does you no good just to show a graphic-enhanced image of the packaging, you need to also physically have that package ready for shipping.

//Don't know what your primary motives are, but keep that in mind if it does involve selling a product/software, sto lat.

Ah no im not shipping anyting like that :)

was just for fun. I just really wanted to do it myself, as it looks beautiful

thx everyone for your help
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Get Swift 4
2. Make a 3d box.
3. Save as .png
4. Import into Photoshop
5. Open new file and design front, side, and top, etc.
6. Drag and position onto box.
  • eurosickwitit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • eurosickwitit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why didn't you post your final image ?? We all wanna see it!!

czekam
  • Fara0^
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Fara0^

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or, you could take one and simply write your own on it! :D
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago