Some crits needed for concept...

• mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, I am in the process of redesigning my identity and wanted to share with you some of the designs I've come up with and am currently looking at.

The basic concept is just using my initials (DW) to try and come up with something clean but somewhat abstract. The top logo is what I'm leaning to currently myself, the bottom one was inspired by the power button on my computer :wink: making out an abstract W. Simple, thats the key here.

http://www.pixelmethodstudios.com/logoconcepts.jpg

Of course, I am only displaying the two I'm leaning towards, don't wanna display ALL my various concepts cause frankly, I don't feel like scanning in all those pages from my sketch book :P

Let me know what you guys think.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

to be honestly, i don't really like the D, it seems a little complex for just a D...nothing wrong with complex though...but it just struck me as odd for a lower case d to be so complex. well i think the reason it doesnt appeal to me is because the |l| seems to be too spaced apart...makes the line look too fat for a d...gives me the impression that you mean 'd' 'L'

I would have never known that the w was one unless I had read the post.

I like the style there, once you get those letters looking better it would be a sweet logo. is DW going to be in a single button?
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a revision using a kickass typeface I just came across - it has the perfect abstract, yet simple look I was aiming at.

What do you think?
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i like that alot

a suggestion, perhaps you can make the DW look like it is more 'sunk' into the button?

kinda just looks like it is on top
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, good point, thanks for the comments.
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

have u tried just type style logos?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

mr_darek -- I like your latest best so far, but like everyone else reading here I have the benefit of knowing you're trying to do something with "DW" So I forced myself to look at that as if I didn't know and although that's a pretty nice font, if I were looking at that for the first time and not knowing better, I'm not certain I'd figure out that was a D and a W
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

D, I still prefer the original one we discussed earlier this week on msn. I don't particularly like the new one you have made, mainly b/c the font isn't very clear and doesn't seem to flow nicely IMHO of course.

The choice of colours and style are great but I'm not liking the font :(
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, I'm definitely aiming at getting that "D" and "W" legible but at the same time abstract....

Time to get the brain workin' again....
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm I had a link for a site that had a DW I think, showed how they made it.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was going to try to explain how I thought it could look a little better but it's easier to just show you. I do believe a better font could be used.

• LobsterBobster

Post 3+ Months Ago

I definitely would try to add something along the bottom of the W. Otherwise, it could be mistaken for an M. (i thought it was an M for a second... before i remembered you said it was a W). This is only the case on the latest one, the rest are fairly clear.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts