some photos i took

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a gallery i have created with all the photos i have taken in the last couple of weeks. Most were taken on Satuday morning.

Some other photos (in particular the last two) were taken from my house.

Let me know what you think...

http://img48.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=18ap.jpg&cols=4
  • NaNoBoT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like the pictures SB. I take a lot of scenic pictures myself here in Wales, might do what you have done here and stick them in a album.

One thing i'm not so impressed with are the double white lines running down the centre of such an open road, can't see them enforcing that, especially if your stuck behind a lorry or tracter :)

Anyway, once again, good pictures...
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice pictures, specially the gallery in Imageshake, can u tell me how you build that and is it free?

kashyap
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

NaNoBoT wrote:
One thing i'm not so impressed with are the double white lines running down the centre of such an open road, can't see them enforcing that, especially if your stuck behind a lorry or tracter :)

paying attention to detail, quite impressive.

To be honest that road was almost empty around 11-12 morn/afternoon time which didnt matter. If there was a tractor i would have taken over regardless of what people would say. There was no way there would be any police.

Imageshack gallery was free. Go to http://www.imageshack.us then pick the first file you want to upload. After this there is a box at the bottom saying "start a gallery with this image" click this box then click on "host it". You then have a choice, just live with the one picture and use the links provided or click on the baige (yellow'y) coloured tab that has the words "your image has been added to a new gallery" notice how the words "new gallery" are a link. Click on that and that should allow you to upload another picture. Just keep doing that and you should be alright.

Thanks for the reviews!
  • vino-2

Post 3+ Months Ago

theres some nice pictures there They have a real positive feel to them especially the sunny ones keep it up :D
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice work SB. Didn't know you had an eye for photography. My faves are the last 4 :D
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you!

The first one and the last 5 were all taken from the window of my house. Every other image was taking within about 30 miles from my house.

I have a few more, i will maybe upload them through time.

Oh 613, I love photgraphy! I like how when a picture is taken, especially from somebody you dont know and from another country, you get the feeling you were there. Maybe i am being wierd (nothing new, huh?).
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

No! you're not being weird (just being yourself ;))!! I'm the same way though!!! I ADORE photography especially landscape ones. Keep em coming! Hey maybe we can trade sometime. I've got a few from around the world up my sleeve
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
maybe we can trade sometime. I've got a few from around the world up my sleeve

Sounds like a good idea. Only the ones from the world will make me jealous :oops:

I havnt travelled as much as you, i'm sure.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am going to upload another gallery some point later on today. I have got a stunning view of the sky that i took a couple of weeks ago.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

As promised, here are some i took a couple of weeks ago. The last two were taken about an hour ago (the white car is mine :wink:).

SB Gallery

I love the first two, i couldnt believe that was what the sky was like. The only problem was, i took them inside looking out the window. So you can see a reflection of the light on the window.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would have to agree! I love the first 2 shots!!! congrats they came out amazing! Man, you guys barely have any snow.. lucky

// nice car ;)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
Man, you guys barely have any snow

Now you can see why i am kinda annoyed. This year we have had some snow, but its not laying as deep as other years. I love it when it snows!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

we just got 10 cm last night... trust me it's not all it's cracked up to be.
  • Byrddog
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Byrddog
  • Loc: New Jersey, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't know about that, i was up in Montreal a few weeks ago and we got something around 10 cm's and i liked it :p. and yesterday here in North Jersey/ NYC, we got some snow, about 10 inches by me over night, 25 cm for those of you who use metric, and i couldn't have been happier with the no work no class sleep all day kiind of day that that turned out to be. :D
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Different strokes for different folks.

Then again, NJ/NYC doesn't get ANYTHING like we get here in eastern Canada. You just can't compare. Plus we get the bone chilling -30 C (-22 F) in winter. So how can I enjoy winter?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

That would be cool!

Just for the record, the snow you saw in those pics i took has pretty much melted now :(

Its almost as if its the middle of summer with the sun and blue sky i can see. I will take a picture of it, i think!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Its almost as if its the middle of summer with the sun and blue sky i can see. I will take a picture of it, i think!

Here you are...

The view from the window directly infront of my desk

Pretty mad how it was grey and wintery in the morning but now its all blue and summery!

No doubt that will change tonight.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

::sigh:: I'm so jealous.
  • Byrddog
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Byrddog
  • Loc: New Jersey, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol i can't say that i enjoy winter all that much, just the crazy trips to canada for endless days of skiing and nights of clubbing. Mostly I'm a summer dude, surfing down in the islands, and out in cali lol when the money allows it at least, hard to mak that kind of spending money when all you do is work with your buddies at a design firm but hey it pays the bills and it lets me live the life and live it hard. like you said, different stroks for different folks. :D
  • davenewt
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Here you are...

The view from the window directly infront of my desk

When I go here, I see this:

Quote:
Administration Panel. Your gallery viewers will not see this box.

(...etc...)

But I do, along with links to delete images and everything!

I take it I'm not supposed to see that :shock: Glitch with imageshack?

Just thought ye'd like to know.

Cheers,
Dave 8)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, it wasnt a glitch. It was a mistake here. I posted the link of the "administrator" bit when i should have posted the link for all the viewers to see and not amend. But at the end of the day, you can see the pictures i took, or at least you should be able to see them.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You will actually notice on the first of the two pictures that i have taken a picture of the top of a tree. That tree as far as i can remember has always been dead.

I love it though, its definatly something i would like to take a proper picture of. There are a couple like it around here.
  • ~Bernini~
  • ~Bernini~
  • Loc: SomeWhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Shots :) I like them

Good luck ...
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you everyone!
  • 613flavah