The "eyes" have it :)

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

As I mentioned in another post, I'm obsessed with eyes, especially those of reptiles, so here's some of my favourite eye photos (not including the one I already posted on the other thread, heh).

First up is Annie, our 6ft female Iguana. She's an absolute beauty, and has REALLY mellow eyes.

This is one of my favourite eye photos. This is a baby American Crocodile at Busch Gardens in Florida. (And yeah, there was actually about 6" of glass between me and the croc, heh).

And here's one of Sandy, my girflriend's little 'princess', heh. This was the first bearded dragon we got. She's been spoiled her whole life (she turns 3 in June), and she has an attitude to prove it, heh. When she's super happy though, she gets bright gold (as you can see in this photo).
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lovely! I've always had a things with eyes, too. Horse eyes and cat eyes are gorgeous, but they hardly hold a candle to these!
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

the angle of #3 is what makes it special to me...the others are
fabulous as well. #2 is really good considering you had glass
in front of you. Nice work again. :)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Geekette : Yeah, Cats eyes are gorgeous too, and horses eyes are just so mellow - once I get my D100, I intend to get as many photos of eyes as I can, and with a 300mm macro lens & 2x Teleconverter, I should be able to get some good ones too! :)

Unflux: Yeah, #3 was a PURE fluke. It was the image I was trying to get, but I must've taken 100 photos that weren't quite it (and some that were NOTHING like it, lol). I was almost at the stage of giving up when I finally snapped that one.
  • pixel
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • pixel
  • Loc: Wait! I know this one! Umm...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the detail you get! Do you use a fully manual camera? I think it would be nearly impossible to not... You sure are talented! Nice job! Also do you have a bigger picture of them? I could really use them... Of course full credit to you and your site if I do!
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The top two were taken with a Sony Mavica FD-83, the bottom one with a Sony Mavica CD-250, so basically automatic everything, but it took quite a few shots to actually get those, heh.

I do have some larger images, although not much larger, FD-83's max size is 1024x768, CD-250's is 1600x1200, but I don't want to release the originals of all my good stuff for public consumption, quite yet.

When I get the D100, I will be taking loads of pics, and I'll have a few available for people to download n' play with - I might even compile a CD, I've not decided yet.
  • pixel
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • pixel
  • Loc: Wait! I know this one! Umm...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds good! Keep us up to date! .oO(Maybe if I am nice enough to him I can get the cd for freeee... Bwahhhahahahahahha... I am so evil...) XD (jk)
  • Sambie
  • Sambie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the American Crocodile eyes, I wish our eyes was like that! I love Reptiles eyes better because they have so much character in it then any other eyes thats out there ;)
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: SanLeon Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

love the albino
(cant spell)
or is that the actual color ?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's actual colour, she's BRIGHT gold, with the occasional black markings when she's pissed, heh.

There's only currently one surviving clutch of albino beardies. They're in Australia right now, so they won't be making it to the US any time soon...

Here's the article about the albino beardies (We got the exclusive on that story, hehe).
  • twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: SanLeon Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow ,
shes a 1 of a kind thats for sure shes verry pretty
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey! Your avatar image is an eye... I always thought it was a spaceman. LOL
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol!!!
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought it was that for a while too, but I figured it out eventually ;)
  • She God
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: California (Land Of The Cackling Sun)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear god, I love those eyes, the middle one is fantastic! I’ve always enjoys looking at eyes. I had a folder, which was covered in 100’s of eyes... big and small, from all magazines I could get my hands on. High-quality girlish magazines eyes. My favorite eyes were the ones from full-page color contact ads. And right in the middle was one GIANT black and white eye, with these black and white lips (from another picture, so it looks really weird) posted right below it in a odd manner.

Sadly I left it on a phone booth and coming back not even 15 min. later, it was gone…forever. *sighs*

Still since them i've like the idea of eyes and lips too close together without a nose. It gives such a creepy effect sometimes. I did a splash page for this Babble and Scream Site and I really love how it came out.

Link ((Don't bother looking at the actual site, it's been dead for more then a year.))
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The splash screen looks nice... I've been obsessed with reptile eyes for as long as I can remember... Pretty much any non-human eye interests me, but reptiles are just outrageous - especially some of the chondros (green tree pythons) and boas...

Hopefully once I get my D100, I can really get some good quality close-ups of a lot of different species.
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

She God wrote:
I’ve always enjoys looking at eyes. I had a folder, which was covered in 100’s of eyes...

Here's two for a new collection. ;-)

http://phong.com/desktop/wallpaper/eye.jpg
http://www11.brinkster.com/wirelessjunk ... /angel.jpg

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts