Wow. You really took that photo?

That is a really good shot mtg131g! :shock:
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome Picture ! You always capture the moment :wink:
Here is one i took when i was on vocations , its not a good picture since i didnot edit my camera properties ( you can see the time and date ) but i like the picture :P
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats a really good photo (miss)Sana :wink:

Where about was that taken? I quite like the light beams shining through the broken cloud.

Congrats on the pics!
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol SB ! Thanks thou :P
Its the picture of Murree ( a hilly area in Pakistan )
The only thing present at that place were clouds,monkies and corns..
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah great photo! and thanks.

I missed a shot like that tonight with the setting sun. was driving down the highyway only two mins from the house and by the time I got to the house it was gone. from now on I will pull over and take the pic since I always have my camera with me in the truck. you never know when a shot will come up. there will be others that I miss as will but I will capture a few before I go . lol

mtg

Ill post a nother one tomorrow of some of the flowers that I have taken if not tonight if i can find them.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a photo i took last week of a mountain that is visable from my house...

• blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

what kind of cameras to you guys/gals use?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm using a 4.1MP HP Photosmart R607. What a brilliant digital camera that is, i just love it! :lol:
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahh.. here is a picture i took of my dog a few weeks ago. i think i really captured his attitude.

pure bread pug!
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice picture SB and blink182av.
Btw. that phot is not of universe :? , lol where do you live?
i would love to wake up and see through my room's window such a nice scenery .. All we get here is horns and traffic..
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

my mom is getting a Canon A95 for free, maybe when she see's how into photography i am, i can get a camera that is not point-n-shoot for channuka. have any recommendations?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

To get a photo of that, i had to drive for about 5 minutes. But view from my bedroom are nearly as good. I live slap bang in the middle of the countryside in Scotland.

Beautiful country.
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use a Canon rebel digital 8.1 megapixels. and I have two lens one 28 to 89 and the second a telophoto lens 70 to 300 and both have mcaro settings but looking into get a special true macro lens tho.

mtg
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

how much did you get yours for?
  • ethreal_night

Post 3+ Months Ago

You guys want to make me go out and buy a camera.. *Hums* I think I can do some research and I Found a Fuji S3100 4.0 MP Digital Camera for like.. $209.99 .. Oh well.. better start saving or.. wait for the income tax return hah
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

I spent $about 1,700 for the lot which contains 1Gig card 512MB card, case, the two lens, the camera body, cleaning supplies, UV filters for both lenses, macrofilter +1, +2, +3, +4 lenses for both lenses, a lexar card reader and a compact card reader for the laptop and I think that is about it right now but plan on buying a macro lens and hot shoe flash for it in a week or two let you know when I get them by posting a few pics of them in use. oh yeah i also plan to get water tight case for water photos when I dive too. and cant wait for that to use to take my fishies pics.

mtg
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

do you do this for a living?

or is this a hobby?
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

night you will not be happy with that camera it is a bit slow i saw that camera too a long time ago. I have a few already picked out for you lol they are not bad ones either lol just above a box with a pin hole in it lol nah they are realy good ones and you will need to wait for tax time it will be better for you or you can use chief's new toy instead it take i think 2.0 or 3.0 megapixel pics.

mtg
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, i am 13, i want to start getting out of the "point-n-shoot" and into the "SLR". my father has one of the original SLR's from the 70's or 80's, but it requires film. do you have any camera suggestions for me?
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a school teacher that loves to dab in everything alittle bit of this and a little bit of that. jsut like I ams trying to set up my own server this week and try and piss off my school admin due my accessing things that they dont have here at school and I do at home. lol

but for for potography is just a hobbie right now and so is digital manipulation and web design and programming, remodeling of houses, automechanics, plubming, weilding, wood work, I just love to work with my hands and once and a while use that noodle that is 3 feet above my glutiusmaximus. lol

mtg
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, your the coolest school teacher i have ever spoken to, lol. do you have any suggestions for a SLR camera for a beginner? i am just 13, if i start early, i will learn a lot more :D
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are alot of point and shot zlr (zoom Lens Reflex) that you could look into, my friend has a top end kodak and it take nice pics. my best pic that I have ever take was with a throw away camera. I would suggest you spend no more than 200 on a camera maybe something on the lines of 2.0 to 3.5 megapixel and start to learn composition and lighting and that would still leave you with a good amount of pixels to do photoediting.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

i want to get out of point and shoot, i want to get into SLR (Single Lens Reflex). point and shoot is very easy, you litarally just point the camera, it ajusts itself, and you press a button. i want to learn how to focus myself and adjust the lighting myself. point-n-shoot is just to easy for me, i have had a digital camera since i was 10, which is point-n-shoot. i want to move on :)
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

my best suggestion for you is to not buy a camera but use someone elses that has more money than you and allows you to use it. forexample you need to be on your school yearbook staff and use their camera. then once you have then saved enough money and you still like it and either Girls/boys which ever the case may be has not come into play (not knowing your sex not to offend) lol save your money and maybe you can just learn on a cheapo one for now or do like I said and use schools.

mtg
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

if i were you learn composition of the photo is more important than moving up to SLR cameras. then when you do move up to a SLR you can really wow them with your photos.

mtg
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe i could learn on my fathers camera from the 70's, which is film, then i could get a digital one. my mom is getting a canon a95 for free, which she is going to give to me because she just bought an s60. but it is point-n-shoot. i do not know anyone that is really into photography, and the yearbook staff does not handle the cameras, only the teachers do. (i wonder why)... kids will steal the cameras.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know you are not looking for a point and shoot camera but this is what i am using...

http://reviews.cnet.com/HP_PhotoSmart_R ... 02311.html

It gives you a nice little review of it and also quotes the camera at being $245. I think its a good camera.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was thinking of the Canon Rebel XT

Review: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_rev ... belxt.html

Good Price!: http://www.usaphotonation.com/products. ... t_id=11857

i can also get it with a lens for 590. If I don't get this, the site has many other cameras for great prices, but the accessories cost a lot.
  • MISC/A++
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UnderGround

Post 3+ Months Ago

actually I think this is a good thread I believe it should be sticky, daily pictures that's a nice idea.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 32 posts