Transparent background for photos

• zizucu
  • Born
  • Born
  • zizucu
  • Loc: romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Is there anyway I can make a picture's background ( an object on a coloured background or something ) transparent without losing the quality of the image ? not gif format because it ruins everything !

Does anybody know if there is a function or command in photoshop for example, that creates an effect similar to the chroma key in cinematography for photographs?

Bye , bye !
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

//moved
  • puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

PNG works fine for that kind of pictures, you can even have % transperency(spell :O) ^^
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

zizucu: Welcome to Ozzu. Please don't post questions twice. I removed your second, identical question for you.
  • zizucu
  • Born
  • Born
  • zizucu
  • Loc: romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks,

I have tried as with the png but I am still not satisfied with the quality of the image.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

a .gif will work, u just need the right settings.

i am guessing u are using fireworks
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

you could also make a square the size of your transparent canvas...and adjust the fill on your square...thus giving a colored transparency for a background
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only two formats that support transparency for web use are GIF and PNG.

GIF supports simple one colour off. PNG supports alpha transparency (256 levels of transparency on a 24bit colour pixel) for smooth gradients between the image and the colour/image it's laid on top of (just like a layer in a PSD file).

Are you asking what format to save in? How to create the photographs? Or how to remove the blue/greenscreen used in Chromakey photography?

If you're asking how to remove blue/greenscreens (or any other colour) for Chromakey photography, there are some excellent photoshop filters available for this purpose.

Personally, I recommend Ultimatte Advantedge (http://www.ultimatte.com/). It's not cheap ($495 for the Photoshop plugin, $1,495 standalone), but it is professional software, and an absolutely outstanding piece of kit.

You're also looking about another $100-150 for a good quality blue or greenscreen backdrop, plus whatever for good quality lights to light the background evenly and still have your subject well lit.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts