Uploading Problems

• Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I created a nifty little animation in photoshop and in image ready that I wanted to share with ya'll. I got it on a disk, brought it home to my comp, and checked to see that it still worked, and it did. I have a MySpace account, so I figured I'd just upload it as a pic on there, then link it up over here. When I uploaded it, it only played the first frame.

When I saved the video, I made sure to save it for web readiness, and its a Gif. I have no idea why its not working for me. I dont currently have any other way of uploading photos, so any help here would be appreciated. I'd love to share it!

Thanks Ya'll! :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

MySpace probably does not allow Hotlinking (this is linking to the image) so even if you did get it to work it probably wouldn't be linkable.

Secondly, you said 'I saved the Video'. Do you mean GIF Animation right? Because it definitely wont work unless you do!

If you are sure you have uploaded it correctly, MySpace may have a way of preventing animated gifs.

Don't host it on my space. Host it on ImageShack.us or get a free PhotoBucket.com account. Then link to them.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, i saved the animated Gif, I'm sure of that. I'll try ImageShack. I appreciate the reply. :)
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a photobuckets guy...have been for 3 yrs. now...I highly recommend it!
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awsome. Thanks for the reccomend. I have yet to get the time to actually find a site yet, and even less time to think about it. Been way to busy. I'm gonna try and get it posted this weekend. ;)
  • sandpetra
  • sandpetra
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

How are you finding MySpace? Is it any good?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts