Visual For School Project Suggestions

• Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I am doing a school project for english which invovles my group needing a visual. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I did this and I need to know if there is anything i shoudl fix or add.

Basically I use the visual to represent the book. The book is about people who have to travel from mexico to america on foot usually and how harash the desert is between mexican border and Arizona which got the name The Devil's Highway.

CLICK BELOW FOR IMAGE

http://www.geocities.com/wickedmistakes/TDH.gif

its an animated gif so it may take awhile to load

I wanted to add font prints but they seam difficult
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I removed your duplicate post in design board. You only need to post once, and this board is the correct one since it deals with a graphic.

Your image link isn't working for me.
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't realize I should have posted here until it was too late sorry bout duplicating and i think the ling might take a while its an animated gif its sorta big.
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm thats really lame

I'll have to make it into a page

its huge i open it twice and exceed my access limit on yahoo i'll have to load to another sever here is the link

http://www.dirtymf.biz/TDH.gif
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK -- I get it now. People will have to copy and paste the link. Clicking it will give you a page not found error.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it's way to large for an animated image for a web page. And I mean way too large (too large for any web image that's part of a page for that matter). Although I can see the animation and the effect you're after, it's hardly noticible. If I wasn't looking specifically for it, I would have missed it.

I leave it to the graphics experts to try to give you advice. Could you please edit your subject line to something that describes your problem?
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

In case you hadn't read this isn't for a web page it for school.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I caught that, and I know that's not your primary question, but if it's not going to be used on a web page, (even one just for your school) why are you animating it? Print media won't display the animation. How /where are you going to be using it.

As far as the text, if you have access to Photoshop it's extremely easy to add text. In fact most photo/graphic software makes it pretty simple these days. What do you have access to to create your image? That could help people give you more specific instructions.
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I'll make it simple. I have a few hours to do this which is due for tommrow. But seeing how i put so much effort into the actual image I'll use it for something else in the future but school wise....... It will be displayed from a pc onto a pulldown from a projector and will be displayed infront of class mates probably about half 75% height of a normal door. So it'll be huge and just opened like explorer or what ever program that is available at school. I'm gonna be pissed if it doesn't animated because the sand thing took for ever because its so huge.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I clicked on your original link but it's a dead link?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
I clicked on your original link but it's a dead link?

Like I noted above, you have to c&p it. Geocities doesn't like external referers.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lord Kai -- I hope you figured out what you wanted. I left and couldn't get back to this until this morning. Sorry no one else was able to offer sugestions. Next time try not to wait until the last minute, so you have time to get the help you need. Hope your presentation went well today.
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Funny I got another day plus I want people to suggest things anyway cause i'm gonna use it perhaps for something else in the future. I didn't go throug the effort of doing it just to use one time and for school. Well another link i have is

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
http://www.dirtymf.biz/TDH.gif
http://www.dirtymf.biz/TDH.jpg
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think what I'm seeing you want is that you want to add additional text. The problem is you've already created the animation. What I think you are going to have to do is go back to the original graphic you used and layer in your text, and then recreate the animation.

It's a little hard to say, not knowing exactly how you did it, but that's my best guess and perhaps why you think it's going to be difficult.
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

If its for a presentation, and all you want to add is text, then you could stick the animation into an HTML document, and then just use divs to position text over it... Its not the most elegant solution, but it is the fastest...
  • 4ColorZ
  • 4ColorZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

do you have MS powerpoint? its the best thing to use for presentaions...you can quickly load very large files into it and you can also animate your text....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts