[Tennis] Vladdrac vs. Smokenjoe (blender3d)

• Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

rounds: 4 volleys each (8 total rounds)
theme: none
apps: Blender 3d only
image: blender file exchange
render size: 640x480
notes: do not use any other art prog besides blender

Ok, I will go ahead and start. I haven't touched blender in quite a while, and I spent the last hour relearning the Interface. I hope to get one out by tonight if at all possible. This is going to be tricky with a blender file exchange, but I think we can be creative enough to make it work well.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, my only problem, as has been mentioned before, is that I cant post my own images. If you could PM me your e-mail, I could e-mail them to you and get you to post them, if thats all right. Thats how sharkshark and I did our tenis match. If you dont want to go to that trouble, Ill understand though.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

no problem, man I have been messing around for awhile in blender and I haven't come up with anything substantial at all.

I also can't seem to figure out how to import a background image into it. It is stressing me out, good god.

I think i am going to go to bed and sleep on this one.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, no bigee. Trust me, this first Blender match is gonna be an experiment for us both.

Were you just trying to import an image in to be put in the background? If thats all, then make sure that your selected on the layer that you want it in, and then go to.............um...........go to............dangit. Yeah, sleep on it. ;)
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

actually, have you just tried the "open" command? I looked it up in my Blender book and thats what it says to do. Cheers.

//oops, heres an edit: Apparently Blender only takes .wrl and .dxf files. Maybe theres a way to just put in a solid background, but I dont know how............yet.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, actually what i meant is to put in an image to model from, not use it as a texture or anything. I was reading a tutorial and it said that all one had to do was hit shift+f7 but that isn't right.

I think what I am going to do is just create a plane and add the image as a texture then delete it when i am done. That should work for now.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

alright i figured it out, for future referece to load in a background image for modeling you go to view->background image
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah, nice. Thanks. I just finished modeling a simple human figure, just using the mesh. It looks pretty good, but its time to move on to even MORE! :)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

awesome, I am starting to get the hang of blender pretty good now...I am almost done with my first volley
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

here we go

BLENDER FILE AND BITMAPS

I liked how it turned out, the only problem I have is the lines look a little jagged, and I am not 100% sure where my fonts are located in linux, so I had to settle on that default one. But I like it nonetheless. It is going to be interesting to see what you come up with on that file.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, alright. I dont know exactly when Ill get my volley done. Give me at least a few days. I still have to do the last volley for sharkshark in our tennis match. Good lookin image though. I like it.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

take your time
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

okay, thanks vlad. :)
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Job Vlad! I gotta get that program since I dont have a good 3D creator. Forgive me, (seeing as much as I hate getting critizied over my art work) but the shadow doesnt look quite right to me on the text. Since I'm looking into getting blender, is that the default shadow? or can you place it where you want? Just curious :)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know what your saying, but that is because i made the thickness of the text about half the size of the arches, so it is above the paper pag more and that creates the weird looking shadow. That is an interesting point though.

You can place the shadow wherever the light is, it is basically raytraced. So it should be a very accurate representation of where the shadow should be based on the orientation of the light. You have to specify for each light if you want it to cast shadows or not, this is good in case you want some subtle ambient lighting that doesn't cast shadows.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gotcha, thanks Vlad :D
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dang, Im sorry I havent volleyed yet Vlad. This is the first time Ive had time to get on my computer all week. Ill try to get started on it, but I dont think Ill get it done until this weekend when I have more time. Im swamped. Again, Im sorry. Kinda holding things up. ;)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's all good, take your time
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh man, this is the first time Ive had a spare second to log on here. Im really sorry, but Ive been swamped and it looks like thats the was its gonna stay for a while now. I apologize, but I have zero time to work on this particular project right now. Your welcome to find someone else to experiment with, or we can do it later, but for right now Im just way to busy. Again, Im sorry for the inconvienience Vlad. ;)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

No worries, just wake the thread up whenever you are less busy. I completely understand.
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice first image Vlad. Very creative. ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts