Wacom Tablet

• mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to logging in some serious hours at work over the past couple of weeks - I am in the position to go ahead and make some spenditures at my will - I figure finally getting a Wacom Tablet would be a great first buy....any thoughts or opinions regarding wether or not I should buy an Intuos or Graphire? Pen sensitivity seems to be the major bonus as well as the tablet size...but I am thinking the Intuos 6x8 would be the way to go...

I assume that it all depends on what I'll use it for and how often - which might have me settle for a graphire.... that being said, I thought I'd ask for some of you wacom users for opinions...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Wacom Graphire 3 and it is pretty nice, though I haven't used anything else. Whatever you do, get a big one. I never use mine because the small surface tends to make things tedious.
  • jjackson02
  • jjackson02
  • Loc: Florida, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've a Wacom tablet and I LOVE it! As mentioned above... it's larger one 12x12 and works VERY well.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea I've got a graphire 12 x 12. The size isn't really that important if yuo're not going to be making high end digital paintings. Plus there is a huge difference in price (well at least around here). Go with what is affordable and work with that for now. Later on if you find you'll be using it more and more for design then upgrade to a bigger size.

Welcome to the fun world of Wacom D!
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

If money is not an issue, I have seen in recent edition of Mac world magazine that Wacom has a Flat Screen LCD monitor that you can draw directly on. I would have one myself but I believe that it was priced at about $1800 USD. Which is a little over way too much, for me.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw a Wacom 21" Monitor in Photoshop Magazine...is that what you are talking about Origin? If so, it is priced at a whopping $2999.95, but it boasts a 1600x1200 Native Resolution with extremely sharp contrast and great color. I haven't tried one myself, but I would love to get one!
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im sure it's the same one except the one I saw was only 17".
  • eJPM5000
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • eJPM5000

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the intuos 6x8 and i love it. i dont use the buttom much on the tablet but i do love the scroll wheel thing on it. i find that feature to be extremely helpful all the time. the pen and mouse it came with is great too. if you have the money for one i would suggest this.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, as a traditional pen & ink artist and with all this talk about the wacom. I too, decided to go ahead and purchase the Wacom Graphire 3. I have had mine for about 3 days now and the only difficulty I can see with having the smaller one versus the 12 x 12 is; if you going to be tracing then you will need a bigger surface. Other than that I am having no problem producing images 6ft x 1ft.
  • jjackson02
  • jjackson02
  • Loc: Florida, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my school nearly every classroom is equipped with a Hitachi Starboard EM Panel (with Wacom technology). Simply it's an LCD monitor that you use a stylus to write directly on for presentations & the like. They are awesome! I'm a lifelong Wacom fan!

:)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts