Webtemplate design, Help needed.

• jsimpson
  • jsimpson
  • Loc: Savannah Georgia

Post 3+ Months Ago

So i'm in the middle of creating my website template, just finishing the top portion of the header, and I go to render some clouds for my logo, but oh gosh. Just about all of my filters are shaded out. The only ones i could use were Blur, Noise, Sharpen, Stylize, and other. Any suggestions? Was there a option that i changed by mistake?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's the file type? Certain filters will only work on certain file types. If your file is a psd file, all filters should be available. You're most likely working with a gif file would be my guess.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

This will also happen if the layer you are currently on is not visible, or if you are editing text.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

ScienceOfSpock wrote:
This will also happen if the layer you are currently on is not visible, or if you are editing text.

I agree, that is most likely your problem. But also I know on my Mac, it can depend on what tool you currently have selected as well.
  • cflraves
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cflraves

Post 3+ Months Ago

jsimpson wrote:
So i'm in the middle of creating my website template, just finishing the top portion of the header, and I go to render some clouds for my logo, but oh gosh. Just about all of my filters are shaded out. The only ones i could use were Blur, Noise, Sharpen, Stylize, and other. Any suggestions? Was there a option that i changed by mistake?

chances are, you probaby created your file in 16-bit, rather than 8-bit format. My version of CS disables the majority of filters when I create a 16-bit image.
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: North Lincolnshire, UK.

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only time that this has happened to me is when using a .gif, so that's my best bet.
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
chances are, you probaby created your file in 16-bit, rather than 8-bit format. My version of CS disables the majority of filters when I create a 16-bit image.

If you are using CS2 this problem does not happen for me unless the other two guys suggestions are the reason why it coul be happening. If the layer is hidden then it could happen but I have not tryied it yet and if the I might be on the brush tool in stead of the selection tool. that is when the options for the layers are not available.

mtg

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts