Wedevoy logo criticism

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.wedevoy.com/

I redid the logo completely, and now I want a review from the critics and other members of Ozzu :D

Thanks so much!!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's kinda confusing to be honest, in any logo that has a big first two letters with the words coming out of them, the words are usually in order, yours now reads "development web" instead of "web development" ...
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Exactly the point i was going to make. If you were really keen on that kinda design the W should be before the D.

Personally i'm not keen on the roughness of it nor do i like the colours. A design like that also should have a background that is different to the rest of the site to seperate it a bit more. This is all down to personal preference though.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems a little too busy, or cluttered, with the brown word behind the other words like that.

It's definately one that would be easy to remember and recognise later on.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about now? I did a completely another one.

Thanks so far guys. I'd like to improve on my logo!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

That does look way better, the question mark (?) looks a bit narrow to me though ... is that the way it is normally?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's just the font. I would probably make it fatter :)

I also not sure about the color of the question mark. I can't figure out what I want it to be... red doesn't look right and whatever else I've tried seemed worse.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the colours should be solid and not as if it is intended to be 3D. If the text was just one plane colour then it'll look better. Alternatively, you could have a gradient on it where the text colour changes from one colour to the same colour but a bit darker.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about now? Don't forget to clear your cache :)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely better, how about losing the gradient on the "web development" text at the bottom and filling in the background a bit more (basically take away the fade out effect you have).
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The trick here is really to make the logo as simple yet smart as possible. People visiting your site are likely to be put off by something too overly worked on whereas if you just keep it simple and smart then you can't go wrong.

Click on the planet under my avatar and you'll see how simple i like to keep my logos. Fair enough this is my personal site, but it's like any site i have i'll keep it pretty straight to the point. Nothing too fancy, especially with the background colour!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

And what about now? I won't give up until I got it right :P

I'm reading a few tutorials and the points on how a great logo should be like and I guess simplicity is a must :lol:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's without a doubt the best one you've done and one you should stick with.

Well done.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks :) If there's anything I can improve on it, then let me know :)
  • kreeze
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kreeze

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm its a nice idea althou maybe the thikness of the lines shunt have been so different.. i would have thought keeping the lines a similar thikness would have worked better, also everything (not only the "?") looks squashed and pulled sideways.

also i think that maybe if the house was filled with colour it would have made it stand out more for use on a smaller scale or on a small fast advertisment.

i dont realy get why the house to represent web design and coding? maybe you could explain your ideas behind that for me please :D

was a nice attempt though but i think it looks too much like un finished work.... maybe take it back into photoshop (or your chosen programme) and just make small changes :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Concerning about the house, I was thinking somewhere along the lines of it being the home to web development.

Thanks for the criticism on the logo too... I will try and see what I can do to make it look more finished... I'm not so creative as some might have figured out :lol:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
I'm not so creative as some might have figured out :lol:

yeah, he's not :lol: :wink:
  • kreeze
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kreeze

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm thats not a bad idea... but you would need that riten down as your slogan type thing.

but still the slogan couldnt apear on everything so people may stil get confused on why the house lol.

i think that you ned to present your self as a whole pakage... so the logo relates to the name.. and the name relates to the slogan and bak to the logo, everything must kind of flow into one so that clients can take a look and understand completely what your about... did that make any sense lol?

is wedevoy your name or something .. what does it mean or stand for?
maybe i can help push you in some sort of direction
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

'Wedevoy' is three words blended into each other. 'web' 'development' 'Bogey'... that's about it :lol: May not make sense or seem stupid but... whatever.

That is why I am taking nearly 3 months of thinking of another domain name... trying to find out which name to replace 'wedevoy' with.

And all that stuff did made sense... I'm thinking of something right now (Trying to jump-start my dry creative juices). Thanks for all the criticism... I really appreciate it :D
  • kreeze
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kreeze

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm thats a pritty cool name :D!

to re think ya name you should maybe rite down a list of words asociated with what you do, curcle the words that song strong and go from there.

for example if you rote down

Graphics
Code
Developement
WebMaster
internet
Site
HTML

there the words i fort would represent what you do out fo the list,
so no you may want to think of a theme to run with like are you the king, monsters or expert in this field? or you may want to relate it to your favorite animal or an animal u respect for being powerfull... or any person, animal or object that represents either strenght, power, efectiveness. so right a listy of things that come to mind and why. for example

Cog - part of a clock, runs things smoothly and on time
Tiger - strong powerful, buitiful
lion - king of the jungle, strong powerfull
razor - sharp, effective
trophy - shows achievements and greatness

now you have thislist just start to think about names like

graphics cog, web kings, razor development

there not gerat but am sure if u do this you can think of some better ones :D!

also looking through other sites like yours would giv you an idea of how wither companys are presenting them selves
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. I'll put some thought to that and will try to come up with something. Hopefully, I will get something good and attractive. :lol:
  • kreeze
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kreeze

Post 3+ Months Ago

^^^ if you wnat to add me on msn.. //email removed i wudnt mind chating with you on there :D
Moderator Remark: For your own security and to prevent you being attacked by spam bots i have removed your email address. If you wish to contact Kreeze then please do so via PM.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

kreeze wrote:
^^^ if you wnat to add me on msn.. //email removed i wudnt mind chating with you on there :D

Did...
  • kreeze
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kreeze

Post 3+ Months Ago

i started to think about the name wedevoy and i began to like it and fort to ma self that it is a very good name it just needs to be presented in a simple way so wether people understand it or not it will look good on a website or letter or email.

i just took a look and thought id design a nice simple stylish design and see where it would lead me to design a logo. i kept it nice and simple so it would look gud in pplain colours or to match the website. i started to link how your website could function so i could layout the navigation, i decided it would be nice to have a scrolling update type thing in the banner so that members could get quick updates and deals while there in a rush or at work, and then i build the nav up to show things you had alreadyd ecided for your site and i tought would be necercary like poortfolio page... theres also a wedevoy page witch i think you planed on being your portfolio page but i thought maybe that could be a page where you explain who you are and what you do but more informaly so people could understand your bussiness abit better and how you work. downlaods could be filled with anything from sample code/designs to free icons or temp logos youve made in your spare time.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

That looks nice... I wonder if I'll ever get the motivation to spend another week restyling the CSS on my site... :lol:

I think I will once I get a more better design. Let me try another stab at my creativity :D You are beginning to motivate me haha

[EDIT:] Thanks by the way :)
  • kreeze
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kreeze

Post 3+ Months Ago

^^ haha no proplem at all if you wnat i could just finish off this design for you and then you can either use it or keep it as a little motavation thing to keep looking at then getting your creativity going :D

i also added a small video patr to the main page so i was thinking i could also have ago at a small video just with a voice over of what you do etc. and some small anitmations so it doesnt leave the visitors reading endlessly
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you like, you can go ahead and finish it. I just finished one design and about to start on another after reading a few tutorials. I'm limited to what I can do in Photoshop...
  • kreeze
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kreeze

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh i will .. just come on msn so i can discuss content with you so i can understand how am gunna lay it uot abit better :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts