What are the best ways to create a logo?

• Zaty
  • Born
  • Born
  • Zaty
  • Loc: Iwakuni JA / Indianapolis USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm running a discussion board, and want to replace the default forum software logo. All I want to create right now is a text logo, because I have no experience at digital art.

I am not entirely sure I'm willing to spend the large sum of $ for photoshop, and GIMP simply isn't good at creating clean text logos.

Any suggestions?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone you know own Photoshop? maybe they could help you out ... ?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not entirely sure what the general opinion was of this, i never bothered to download it but i think it's probably your best bet for software. If it is remotely as good as Photoshop is then i think you should definitely use this for your logo.

Other than that i can see Microsoft paint as your next option, but if you want to have a logo that's actually quite credible i think you should never open that program again (sorry grinch).

If you decide to go for that version of Photoshop let us know and i'm sure someone here will be able to help you out.

Another alternative is to offer someone some money to to the job. If you go along the route you quote your offering price (however much you feel) and someone will likely help you out. If you do go along this route i'd ask to be a bit reasonable on what you are expecting, so if you offer someone $20-30 to do the job it's only fair to expect something semi credible, but nothing amazing. The higher you offer the more effort will be put into it by the logo designer. Time is money etc etc.

There are alot of people that use these forums who can put together some good logos, so it is certainly a very good option for you.

Let us know what you plan to do next.
  • CA-SA
  • Busy Student
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Under the giant stack of papers

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could always download one of Adobe's trial versions and play around with it. You might learn enough to get a logo out of it in the 30 days they give you. 8)

(perfectly legal)
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For logo design and prototyping, I recommend using a vector based package such as Illustrator.
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

for logo design always go for vector software as above said ^.
there are many software like "adobe Illustrator","corel draw","adobe free hand".
And photoshop "software" is not for logo design. its a raster software.

I personally prefer "adobe Illustrator CS3"
  • jbladeus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jbladeus

Post 3+ Months Ago

1- grab a pencil and paper and create 6-9 rough concepts to help you identifying the route you want your logo to take.
2- If you know how to run the software, grab adobe illustrator or coreldraw (forget about photoshop and stick to vector design programs) and convert your paper-pencil idea into digital form.
3- If you don't have the skills for 1,2 or both, hire a logo designer. Just don't forget that you get what you pay for, so don't be a miser. Putting money in a logo is one of the more profitable investments one can make.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts