How do I make this kind of image/line?

• johnlynches
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • johnlynches

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to figure out how to make a line like the one in the image (The one that separates the white and dark grey space). It's not a straight line, but it looks like it is a gradient. The only problem is when I try to make that with a gradient it just comes out weird.

I've tried to search for it, but it's hard to look for something when you have no idea what it is called. Any help would me much appreciated.
Attachments:
line_quest.png
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have a steady hand?

Your going to need it :P

Something like this i would manually draw and then filter over the top. Just need to zoom up and watch what pixels are moved and removed.

You could use shapes to construct the main part but other then that just draw it pixel by pixel.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you use Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop you could easily do this using the Pen Tool which allows you to get a nice curved line like that. Then after that you would add a layer style to it, probably a beveled edge would do the trick.

So my advice to you is to look up on how to use the Pen tool, as that would be the hardest part.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I decided to just test this out really quick to see if I could come up with something kind of similar. I used Adobe Photoshop and the pen tool, and then for the layer style I actually just put a drop shadow on it and changed the direction. This is what I came up with from doing that, took about 2 minutes:
Attachments:
curved-path-shadow.jpg
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

that curve is harder then it looks lol, i need to work with the pen more lol. then again i was trying with a touch pad lol
  • Gooseman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gooseman

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not hard at all. I'm also using a touch pad sometimes with photoshop. After you get how the pen tool works, it's child's play. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts